david dobrik, apology, sexual assault

David Dobrik apologises following allegations of sexual assault

‘I’m really sorry. I truly, truly am.’

David Dobrik has apologised following allegations of sexual assault that were made against him by former Vlog Squad members. In a now-deleted vlog, David encouraged a blindfolded Seth Francois to kiss Jason Nash under the pretence that it was in fact model Korinna Kopf.

In the video titled “Let’s talk”, David says that he’s “learnt from” his mistakes and that he’ll prove to viewers that they won’t happen again. Both comments and likes/dislikes have been disabled, yet the video has rocketed to over half a million views in the few hours since it was uploaded.

The apology comes after claims were also made against him by other previous Vlog Squad members, including Durte Dom and Big Nik, that he forced their involvement in pranks and skits and intentionally withheld details of what would occur.

“Consent is something that’s super, super important to me,” David said in the apology video. “Whether I’m shooting with a friend or I’m shooting with a stranger, I always make sure that whatever the video I’m putting out, I have the approval from that person.

“I also acknowledge that there’s times where a person can change their mind, and they decide that they no longer want to be associated and no longer want to be in the video that I’m putting up and then I’ll take the video down. And there’s also been moments where I’ve looked back on videos and I’ve realised that these don’t represent me anymore and they’re hurtful to other people, and I don’t want them up because I’ve grown as a content creator and as a person.

“I just want to make videos where everybody in it, you know, whether you’re participating or watching, is enjoying and having a good time, and I missed the mark with that one and I’m really sorry. I truly, truly am.”

Dobrik also went on to briefly speak about Durte Dom, a member who has been an outspoken critic since leaving the group, telling viewers that he distanced himself intentionally. “With people in my life that I don’t film with anymore, like Dom and the other people I no longer film with, I chose to distance myself because I don’t align with some of the actions and I don’t stand for any kind of misconduct,” he said.

“I’ve been really disappointed by some of my friends and for that reason I’ve separated from a lot of them.”

Durte Dom has recently come under fire after an Insider investigation found that a young woman claimed that Dom, real name Dominykas Zeglaitis, had raped her in 2018. Neither David nor Dom have responded directly to these latest claims.