PSA: It’s only 83 days until you can legally have sex again

Brb counting down every single second

From May 17th you’ll be able to meet up indoors with people and stay overnight – meaning you could be able to have sex for the first time all year.

As part of Boris Johnson’s roadmap out of lockdown, which includes nightclubs being open from June 21st, people in England will be able to meet inside, following either two households or the rule of six, from May 17th.

The roadmap consists of several stages, and moving on to the next one depends on four tests, including continuation of the vaccine programme and other coronavirus data.

Students on practical courses, or with essential on-site teaching, will be able to return to uni on 8th March.

On this date, you will also be able to meet one person from another household for a coffee or picnic outside – so for all of you who’ve been relying on FaceTime dates, this means socially distanced park dates are back on the cards.

From 29th March you’ll be able to meet people outside – sticking either to the rule of six, or two households.

No earlier than 12th April, pubs will be back open and serving people outdoors, and the substantial meal won’t be back, thank God.

No earlier than 17th May, the rule of six/two households rule will apply inside. The Sun reports you’ll be allowed to stay overnight, too.

Matt Hancock told BBC Breakfast this morning people will be able to hug each other from May 17th.

Some of us haven’t had sex in over a year now, so it’s safe to say this news will be welcomed by many.

Click here to take The Tab’s 100 per cent anonymous lockdown sex survey. 

And finally, best news since hearing we may finally be allowed to have sex again: Nightclubs will hopefully be reopening, no earlier than 21st June.

Now, who’s ready for the best hot girl summer of your life?