Nightclubs could be reopening as early as 21st June, Boris Johnson announces

Unis won’t be back until at least after Easter

Boris Johnson has teased the possibility of nightclubs reopening as early as 21st June, as he outlines his “roadmap” out of lockdown.

The Prime Minister announced that all restrictions could be lifted by late June at the earliest – but that the decision is subject to the data on the coronavirus.

Universities will be reopening by late April at the earliest, Boris Johnson has just announced in the House of Commons as part of his “roadmap” out of lockdown.

Johnson announced the steps the government will be taking to “cautiously but irreversibly” restore the nation’s freedoms.

Students on practical courses, or with essential on-site teaching, will be able to return on 8th March.

For all other students, the government will review arrangements after the Easter holidays.

In stage one of the reopening, to begin on 8th March, all schools will reopen. Secondary and college students will be tested twice a week.

You will be able to meet person from another household for a drink outside on this date.

The rule of six will also be back on 29th March, and you’ll be able to meet five other people outdoors – but not indoors.

Pubs will reopen outdoors as part of stage two, with substantial meal requirement gone, as part of an announcement to be made no earlier than April 12th.

By stage three, no earlier than 17th May, you’ll be able to see friends and family indoors, subject to rule of six.

Pubs and restaurants will also reopen indoors during that stage, as well as sports with crowds.

In stage four, no earlier than 21st June, the government is hoping to remove all legal limits on social contact, including clubs reopening.

While unis are currently open for practical courses and research, the majority of undergrads have been told to stay away.