Where is Amy Price now? The Cecil Hotel manager from the Netflix documentary

She has a new job and is writing a book

One of the people interviewed in new Netflix documentary series Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel is the hotel’s previous manager, Amy Price. She describes taking the role with no experience, “completely blind”, before discovering the creepy reputation it has for death and violence.

The Netflix series focuses on the 2013 death of Elisa Lam, which happened at the hotel under the management of Amy Price. In February of that year, Canadian student Elisa went missing. It wasn’t until over two weeks later, on February 19th, that she was found naked in a water tank on the hotel roof. Guests had complained of the water tasting off, and being black in colour.

But what does Amy Price do now?

Amy Price, Cecil Hotel, Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel, now, job, new, Netflix, series

via Netflix

Amy Price worked as the manager at the Cecil Hotel from 2007 to 2017

Amy Price was the manager of the Cecil Hotel for ten years, between 2007 and 2017. She’s interviewed in the Netflix series, and says her job was to “fix up” the troubled hotel. “I believe in the 10 years I was working there, there were about 80 deaths”, she adds. She says she had no idea of the hotel’s reputation, and it wasn’t long before she was dealing with “thousands” of 911 calls.

She told Netflix she was hired with no experience and with no interview. “One of my girlfriend’s husbands needed help at the hotel and I wasn’t working at the time, so I said, ‘Well, I’ve got the time. I’ll do it’. That’s how it all started. I didn’t even research where it was. All I heard was that it was a hotel that was in Downtown Los Angeles. I walked in completely blind”, she says.

The hotel was taken over by new owners who bought the property for $26million in 2007 with the idea of giving it a $100million makeover. In 2011, the Cecil Hotel was rebranded as “Stay on Main”, as an effort to move away from is troubled past.

During the time Amy Price was the manager there was the death of Elisa Lam. The 21-year-old Canadian student had been a guest at the hotel and went missing on February 1st 2013 – the day she was meant to have checked out. Bizarre CCTV footage was found of her acting strangely in the lift, and nobody could find any trace of her. It wasn’t until over two weeks later that her body was found in a water tank on the roof of the Cecil Hotel.

Her death was ruled as accidental drowning, but to this day there are a number of suspicious theories about what might have actually happened to her. One of the theories is that Cecil Hotel workers were somehow involved, a theory that Amy Price has denied.

In the same year Amy Price stopped being the manager of the Cecil Hotel, it closed for renovation work. 

So where is Amy Price now?

via Instagram @amypricejewelry

After leaving her job as the manager of the Cecil Hotel, Amy Price now owns a business called Amy Price Jewellery. She started making jewellery in 2005, but it has only been recently that she has focused on that, and the business has taken off. She designs custom made pieces herself and also works as an interior designer in L.A. Her love for interior design is one of the reasons she thought the job at the Cecil Hotel may have suited her.

As you can see on the company website, Amy sells a whole range of pieces, including necklaces, bracelets and earrings. In an “about the designer” section on the site, it says: “Amy loves creating and working with gemstones. When she is not working on a new creation, she is an interior designer in Los Angeles, California. She is a proud dog mom of Goose and Maverick, a world traveler and loves spending her free time with her friends and family.

“She officially began pursuing a career in designing jewellery in 2005.  Her work is known for its originality, uniqueness and quality.  Most of her works are one of a kind pieces.”

On Amy’s Instagram page, her bio states that she is also in the process of writing a book. She has mentioned the book on her story alongside pictures of the Netflix documentary, so it is most probably about her time as manager.

Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.