Elisa Lam Tumblr: Her blog is still online today and this is what it looks like

She had posted about being excited to travel and meet new people

Netflix has just released a four-part true crime documentary called Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel. The series looks at the mysterious death of  a 21-year-old student who was found on the roof the hotel. Within the first minutes of the show, we are shown recreations of Elisa Lam logging on to Tumblr, where she documented her travels and stay at the hotel.

In the series, it is said that Tumblr was the “platform of choice” for Elisa Lam and she used it as a diary. She posted so much on the blog that the police used it in their investigations to retrace her steps. She left information all about her trip itinerary on the blog, which showed she was going out a lot and “meeting strangers”, it’s said in the Netflix documentary.

Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel, Netflix, Cecil Hotel, Elisa Lam, Tumblr, blog, active, today, true crime, series, death, nouvelle nouveau

via Netflix

Throughout Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel there are scenes where we see Elisa Lam posting on Tumblr. This is accompanied by a voiceover, which director Joe Berlinger says is completely accurate to her blog. “I didn’t want to invent dialogue or create speculative situations, so everything she says via voiceover in the show comes directly from her online posts,” he said in an interview. 

Elisa speaks about her wish to travel and meet people saying she’s “excited” to see new places and meet strangers along the way.

What does the Tumblr page belonging to Elisa Lam look like today?

via Tumblr

The Tumblr account belonging to Elisa Lam, nouvelle-nouveau, is still online and available today, eight years after her death. She posted lots on there – including memes, clips from films, quotes, photography and about historical events.

According to online dictionaries, “nouvelle” means trendy and “nouveau” means newly arrived or developed.

via Tumblr

via Tumblr

In the bio of her page is a quote from author Chuck Palahniuk’s novel Diary, which reads: “You’re always haunted by the idea you’re wasting your life.” One of her last updates comes from when she had arrived at the Hotel Cecil in Los Angeles. She describes having “arrived in Laland” and the “monstrosity” of a building next to the hotel.

via Tumblr

via Tumblr

There have been reports that Elisa also had a Blogspot account, in which she wrote about struggling with depression and spending days in bed. She is said to have left this account after saying she preferred Tumblr.

A number of posts have gone out on the blog since Elisa died, with people raising concerns about who it was posting them. However, people on Reddit say it is “well known and believed” that Elisa used a post queue to schedule future posts.

Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.