‘I am a killer. So shoot me’: What the Night Stalker said in his confession interview

‘We’re all evil, one way or another, are we not?’

Transcripts of the Night Stalker murderer’s confession interview have resurfaced, after Netflix released “Night Stalker: The Hunt For a Serial Killer” – a four-part series looking at the crimes and ultimate conviction of Richard Ramirez.

Ramirez is one of the most notorious serial killers in US history, after a huge police investigation led to him being found guilty of 13 murders, five attempted murders, 11 sexual assaults and 14 burglaries. He was sentenced to 19 life sentences and ruled to die by gas chamber.

Night Stalker, Richard Ramirez, confession, interview, police, said, transcript, serial killer, Netflix

via Netflix

In his confession interview he said he deserved to die and offered to shoot himself

According to court transcripts released at Richard Ramirez’s trial, he said he was the killer and offered to kill himself. He told police robbery-homicide detective George Thomas: “I did it, you know. You guys got me, the Stalker. Of course I did it. You know that I am a killer. So what. Give me your gun. I’ll take care of myself. You should. I am a killer. So shoot me. I deserve to die.”

Ramirez then said: “You think I’m crazy. But you don’t know Satan” before laughing and repeatedly banging his head on the table.

In a further interview, Night Stalker Richard Ramirez made a confession to being ‘evil’ and said ‘killing is killing’

Reporter Mike Watkiss went to prison to speak to the Night Stalker Richard Ramiriez, who spoke candidly about his crimes and being evil. In the interview he says “we’re all evil, one way or another, are we not? Yes I am evil. Not 100 per cent but I am evil.”

The interview continues, with Ramirez saying: “The world has been fed many lies about me” and when asked who he is he replied: “Just a guy”. “I have friends, they are open minded people”. When asked if he is guilty, Ramirez said it would be “improper” to comment because he was appealing at the time. He said serial killers simply do on a small scale what the government does on a large scale, and are a product of “blood thirsty times”. “Even psychopaths have emotions if you dig deep enough, but then again maybe they don’t”, he added. When asked if he has emotions he replied “no comment”.

Richard Ramirez goes on to say he “gave up on love and happiness a long time ago”. He said “killing is killing, whether done for duty, profit or fun” and admitted to having studied satanism.

Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, quizzes, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.