four lads meme

One of the meme lads has been asked to go on Love Island, but he said no

He also told us who’s single in the group 👀

The viral meme of the four lads has been going on for what seems like forever, and yet over the last week there’s been a major resurgence in their popularity thanks to a bunch of memes and interviews, but mainly the sea shanty TikTok video of them.

And now it seems that their wild internet popularity has got people thinking the boys, Connor Humpage, Kevin Rooney, Alex Lacey and Jamie Phillips, will be staring in Love Island and having their own BoohooMan collection.

Whilst we have no idea about the Boohoo collab, we do know the boys have been speaking to the Love Island team.

Alex Lacey told The Tab he had been approached this morning by Love Island, however he said no to appearing on the show because he is in a committed relationship.

He said: “I’ve had a phone call from Love Island and rejected it, so we are very much in a strong relationship and I wouldn’t change that even if the fame and attention gets bigger.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Alex Lacey (@alacey94)

Alex has been in a relationship with his girlfriend for the past four years and said though she was worried about his overnight fame, she has nothing to worry about.

He said: “I have had to reassure my missus because as you can imagine she is worried along with my mates’ girlfriends but I’ve told her that she was there for me at the low times and I’ll never forget that.”

Alex mentioned some of the other guys have girlfriends, but who exactly is single?

This is everything we know about the relationship statuses of the four lads:

The internet has been getting very thirsty over the four guys, in particular the one with the curly hair and fake glasses aka Connor Humpage.

But ladies, I’m sorry to disappoint you, he’s taken.

Alex told The Tab, that along with himself, Connor and Jamie were both in relationships of just under a year. However, he did say Kevin Rooney is single, so at least one person has a chance to get together with a meme lad.

Tattoo artist Connor is in a relationship with interior designer Chloé Rogers, and they look unbelievably cute and loved up.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by J A M I E (@jamievp92)

Jamie is also in a relationship, but has not revealed his girlfriend’s name. However they went Instagram official in May last year and have already been on trips to Dubai and Italy together.

Featured image credit before edits: ITV