gilmore girls where are they now

20 years later, what is the cast of Gilmore Girls up to now?

They’re all still mates, and I am LIVING for it

It’s been 20 years since the first episode of Gilmore Girls appeared on screens, introducing us all to Milo Ventimiglia, the world’s biggest coffee addicts and the legend that is Kirk.

Even though we were lucky enough to get the reboot on Netflix a few years ago and find out what the characters had been up to, we still didn’t get to know much about the cast. And even since A Year In The Life came out, a lot has changed in their lives.

There’s been books, babies and a LOT of appearances in countless TV shows and movies, the list is honestly endless. This cast is just so talented and I love it.

This is everything the main Gilmore Girls cast members have been up to since the end of the show:

Lorelai – Lauren Graham

Lorelai Gilmore, coffee queen and coolest mother on Earth, she can no wrong in my eyes and Lauren Graham who plays her, is pretty cool too.

Since Gilmore Girls ended 13 years ago, Lauren has continued acting, with her debut Broadway performance happening in 2009. Lauren has appeared in the films Evan Almighty, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs and It’s Kind of a Funny Story, amongst others.

She’s also been in a number of TV shows including Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist and is filming for The Mighty Ducks. Aside from acting Lauren has also taken up writing, publishing her first novel in 2013 and then a set of essays about her life.

via Instagram @yanic_truesdale

Lauren has been in a relationship with actor Peter Krause since 2010 and she still regularly meets up with Yanic Trusedale who played Michel, and you just love to see it.

Luke – Scott Patterson

Scott Patterson has done a few acting roles since the end of Gilmore Girls, he’s starred in three Saw films and played Liam’s father in 90210.

His biggest project has been creating his own coffee brand, inspired by Luke. It’s called Scotty P’s and ngl the packaging looks very fun.

via Instagram @scottgordonpatterson

Scott is married to Kristine Saryan, and they have one child together, a son called Nicholas who was born in 2014.

Rory – Alexis Bledel

Whilst you might find Rory to be the worst character in Gilmore Girls, Alexis Bledel is actually pretty cool. Rory was Alexis’ first TV role and since then she’s appeared in other shows including Mad Men, ER and most recently The Handmaid’s Tale, which she won an Emmy for her role of Ofglen.

Alexis has also been in a number of films including the second Sisterhood of The Travelling Pants and Post Grad.

She met her husband Vincent Kartheiser on the set of Mad Men and they have been married since 2014. The two have a son together.

Logan – Matt Czuchry

Logan just gets better with age, and funnily enough so does the man who plays him, Matt Czuchry. After Gilmore Girls finished Matt went onto have a leading role in the TV show The Good Wife.

He’s now a lead role in the show The Resident, which he’s been in since 2018. Unfortunately he is not very active on social media at all so we don’t know much about him apart from the work he’s doing.

Emily – Kelly Bishop

Emily is actually an iconic sass queen and I live for her one liners. Since Gilmore Girls ended Kelly Bishop has continued acting with a number of roles in TV and film.

She’s appeared in Friends With Kids, Law & Order and Bunheads. Her last acting role was in the Gilmore Girls revival on Netflix in 2016.

Sadly Kelly’s husband Lee Leonard passed away in 2018.

Richard – Edward Herrmann

Very sadly everyone’s favourite grandfather Edward Herrmann passed away in 2014 of brain cancer, aged 71.

Gilmore Girls: A Year in The Life was dedicated to him.

Lane – Keiko Agena

Lane was so under appreciated and Gilmore Girls should have treated her better. But since the show ended Keiko has continued to act starring in 13 Reasons Why, Shameless and Dirty John amongst others.

via Instagram @keikoagena

Keiko is still married to her husband of 15 years, Shin Kawasaki and during the last few weeks has been using her Instagram to encourage her followers to vote in the upcoming election.

Michel – Yanic Truesdale

Michel is easily one of the best characters in Gilmore Girls, but Yanic Truesdale, who plays him hasn’t done that much since the show ended.

This year he’s starring in My Salinger Year alongside Sigourney Weaver and Douglas Booth. He’s also been in the series The Wedding Planners.

via Instagram @yanic_truesdale

From the looks of his Instagram he looks like he’s living his best life and I couldn’t be happier for him.

Paris – Liza Weil

Name a more iconic woman than Paris Geller? She’s quite simply a legend. Since Liza finished filming Gilmore Girls she’s appeared in a number of TV shows, but her biggest role has been in How To Get Away With Murder as Bonnie Winterbottom.

She’s also starred in Scandal and The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel. Liza married actor Paul Adelstein and the two had a daughter together in 2010.

QUEEN. via Instagram @lizaweil

However the couple got divorced in 2017 and Liza dated her How To Get Away With Murder co-star Charlie Weber for a number of years before they broke up in February 2019.

Jess – Milo Ventimiglia

Rory’s second bad boy boyfriend has grown up to have a very impressive career and some great arm muscles. Milo has done a LOT since Gilmore Girls.

He’s so far starred in Heroes, This Is Us, Grown Ups 2, Creed II, Second Act and countless others. Milo also has several acting and producing credits to his name.

Milo has dated two of his co-stars, Alexis from Gilmore Girls and Hayden Panettiere from Heroes. However, it’s not known who he is currently dating. But he does have a very aesthetic Instagram.

Sookie – Melissa McCarthy

Melissa McCarthy is now mega famous and everyone knows her from Bridesmaids, but real ones know she started on Gilmore Girls.

Since the show ended, her career blew up and she starred in Mike & Molly, Bridesmaids, The Heat, Spy, The Boss and Ghostbusters as well as many others.

Living for this photo. via Instagram @melissamccarthy

Not only has she worked in film but she also designed her own fashion line and has two daughters with her husband Ben.

Dean – Jared Padalecki

Jared played Rory’s first sweet boyfriend/ wife cheater but is now more widely known for playing Sam Winchester in Supernatural.

Apart from the odd movie and TV appearance Supernatural is still his main focus. Jared has been married to his wife Genevieve since 2010 and they now have three children together.

via Instagram @jaredpadalecki

In 2015, he launched his awareness campaign “Always Keep Fighting” to support people struggling with depression, addiction and self-injury. Jared revealed his own struggles with depression in 2015.

And finally the legend that is Kirk – Sean Gunn

Gilmore Girls would be nothing without Kirk, nothing. Now Sean has done a number of projects since the show ended, but I will only ever see him as Kirk.

However if you do care what Sean Gunn has been in, well he’s starred in two Guardians of The Galaxy films and two Avengers movies. He was also in an episode of Glee.

Also very cute, Sean got married to actress Natasha Halevi last year.

Gilmore Girls is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.