These are all the real life filming locations of The Duchess on Netflix

Sadly, the cute place Olive gets her hair cut doesn’t actually have cars in it

Katherine Ryan’s new comedy drama series has gone straight into the top spot in Netflix’s top 10 list. Filming for The Duchess took place at locations all across London, and a lot of the places the cast are seen in are real, with some scenes being filmed in a studio.

The series is all about Katherine, a single mother living in London, and her daughter Olive. She pretty much despises Olive’s father, ex-boyband member Shep, and she has countless other obstacles in life such as Olive getting bullied at school, new men in her life, wanting children and getting older.

Filming for the series started in October 2019 and lasted around two months. Here are all the real life filming locations used for The Duchess on Netflix.

A lot of the scenes were filmed in a studio

Most of the show was filmed at Twickenham Studios in St. Margarets, London. Some members of the cast shared pictures on their Instagrams, giving a little peek at what the studio set was like.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5aZM16AvY3/

Katherine Ryan’s house

The Duchess, filming locations, Netflix, series, Katherine Ryan, set, based, filmed, London, real life, places, house, home, exterior

via Netflix

Whilst the exact filming locations for the exterior shots of Katherine Ryan’s house in The Duchess aren’t known, the house matches the look of many homes in North London. Given that lots of the other scenes were filmed around Hampstead Heath and Islington, it can be assumed the house is around one of those areas too.

The school

The Duchess, filming locations, Netflix, series, Katherine Ryan, set, based, filmed, London, real life, places, school, Olive

via Netflix

In the series the school Olive attends is called Wellsfield Primary School on Ferndell Road in North London. This isn’t a real school and unfortunately the road doesn’t look as though it exists either. These scenes may have actually been filmed in a studio.

The canal boat Shep lives on

The Duchess, filming locations, Netflix, series, Katherine Ryan, set, based, filmed, London, real life, places, canal, lake, boat, Shep

via Netflix

The exact location of Shep’s longboat isn’t known, but it is probably meant to look as though it is on Regents Canal in London. This is nearby where the rest of the show is set and was filmed.

The pub they visit

via Netflix

In episode four, Bev and her boyfriend Tom are filmed having a date night in The Shaftesbury Tavern. They spot Evan there with Sandra from his work, and soon Katherine and Olive turn up and make a scene.

The Duchess, filming locations, Netflix, series, Katherine Ryan, set, based, filmed, London, real life, places, pub

via Netflix

The Shaftesbury Tavern is a real pub and is on the corner of Shaftesbury Road, in Finsbury Park, North London.

via Google Maps

Some scenes were filmed around Hampstead Heath, London

After going for a meal with Evan’s parents, Katherine and Evan are filmed walking onto South End Road. This is in Hampstead Heath, North London.

The Duchess, filming locations, Netflix, series, Katherine Ryan, set, based, filmed, London, real life, places

via Netflix

Evan also walks the dogs around Hampstead Heath before running into Shep. Hampstead Heath is famous for having some of the best views over London.

via Netflix

Other scenes were filmed around Islington, London

via Netflix

In episode five, Katherine and Olive are seen walking around town before Olive makes the decision that she wants to cut her hair. They’re seen walking down a road by a church and then heading towards a high street where the hairdressers is. The church behind them is St Mark’s Church, Clerkenwell and then they are seen heading towards Andrea Hawkes Bridal store on the corner of the high street. In real life, these are in Islington, North London.

via Netflix

via Google Maps

Where Olive gets her haircut

Where Olive actually does end up getting her hair cut is literally the next shop over the road from the bridal store.

via Google Maps

In real life it’s called ELP Barbershop. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look as though the shop actually has any little cars for children to sit in when they get their hair done like Olive did, but it does have lots of dogs pop in – if its Instagram is anything to go by.

Harley Street, London

via Netflix

Katherine is seen heading to Harley Street in London to go to a fertility clinic. In the show she goes to Lorhurst Fertility Clinic, which doesn’t actually exist but there are a number of other clinics on that road in central London. The road is famous for its large number of private specialists in medicine and surgery.

The Duchess is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.