These are all the real life filming locations of Dirty John season two on Netflix

Dan Broderick’s house is literally identical to the house he really lived in

Netflix has finally released the true crime drama adaptation of the Betty Broderick Story as part of the Dirty John anthology. The series follows the real life story of Dan and Betty Broderick – a divorce which ended in a double murder. The filming locations for Dirty John season two are all across California, and some are scarily like the places where the real events happened.

Before you go frantically looking all over the internet for everywhere the show was filmed, and the amazing houses it’s set in – here is a guide to all the real life filming locations of Dirty John season two: The Betty Broderick Story.

Betty Broderick’s home

Dirty John, season two, filming locations, Betty Broderick Story, house, Betty Broderick, home, real, set, location, place

via Netflix

The scenes which were set at Betty Broderick’s home were filmed in the Valley in Chatsworth, a neighbourhood in Los Angeles. The real life property, located at 1400 Paseo Del Mar, has three bedrooms, four bathrooms and incredible views out to sea.

Betty Broderick actually lived in a house in La Jolla Shores, located at 8320 Calle Del Cielo, but this home no longer stands.  It was demolished in 2014 as part of a modernisation project in the area. The house the series was filmed in reportedly looks nothing like the real life home Betty Broderick and her family used to live in, maybe because the producers of the show now didn’t have the existing old house to base it on.

Dan Broderick’s new house

Dirty John, season two, filming locations, Betty Broderick Story, house, Dan Broderick, Linda, home, real, set, location, place

via Netflix

Dan Broderick bought a house for him and his new wife Linda to live together in. In real life, the filming location is the house at 10355 Woodbridge St, Toluca Lake in California. It has four bedrooms, four bathrooms and estimated to be worth $2,425,152, according to Zoopla.

Toluca Lake, California, Dan Broderick, home, real

The filming location home, via Google Maps

The house used is almost identical to Dan Broderick’s real house – where he and his wife Linda were shot dead by Betty. His real address was 1041 Cypress Ave in California.

Dan Broderick, home, real, true, location, set

Dan Broderick’s real home, via Google Maps

The Broderick family home

Dirty John, season two, filming locations, Betty Broderick Story, house, Betty Broderick, home, real, set, location, place, family

via Netflix

In the second episode of the TV series, we see the whole Broderick family celebrating as they move into their family home together. They’re seen holding up a sold sign which reads “2350 Dunbar Blvd, San Diego, California”.

The real life location is 19854 Dina Place in Chatsworth, California. This house has four bedrooms, five bathrooms and is estimated to be worth just over $1.1million.

The bistro

Dirty John, season two, filming locations, Betty Broderick Story, house, Betty Broderick, Bistro, real, set, location, place

via Netflix

In episode three, “Marriage Encounter”, Dan and Betty Broderick are seen dining at a fancy bistro. The real life filming location for this restaurant is Bistro Garden, in the swanky neighbourhood of Studio City in Los Angeles. The area is famous for its eating and drinking scene.

The garden like setting is famous for it’s flowery interior which hasn’t changed in years, so it would have taken no change for a production team to have it look like the time Dirty John season two is set in.

Bistro Garden, Studio City, Los Angeles

via Facebook / Bistro Garden

Malaga Cove Plaza

Dirty John, season two, filming locations, Betty Broderick Story, house, Betty Broderick, home, real, set, location, place, Malaga Cove Plaza

via Netflix

In episode four, Betty is seen out Christmas shopping with a friend. These scenes were shot at Malaga Cove Plaza in California. The centre is made up of a collection of buildings that were constructed over a 37 year span of time from 1924 to 1961. It’s home to beautiful architecture, an Italian water feature, shops and food and drink markets.

The second season of the Dirty John anthology: The Betty Broderick Story is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.