Ranked: These are the most expensive homes from TV shows, ever

You’re telling me Monica and Rachel could afford £1.8million?!

Living in some of the luxurious homes and stunning apartments which feature in TV shows is nothing but a pipe-dream for most of us. But to make it a tiny bit more relatable, some of the most expensive TV homes are actually real, and not just filmed in studios. So you know, if you really wanted to, you could move in one day.

A new report reveals the richest TV residences, with Downton Abbey taking the top spot – worth a staggering £137 million. The Banks house from Fresh Prince and Blair’s pad from Gossip Girl shortly follow. From million pound apartments to hundreds of million pound actual castles – these are the most expensive TV show homes, ever.

15. Sex And The City – £728,418 ($945,000)

most expensive TV homes, TV, show, houses, homes, price, cost, ranking, expensive, Sex and The City, New York

via Google Maps

Carrie’s gorgeous apartment is the 15th most expensive of all the TV houses. It’s worth just over £700,000. The address was supposedly 245 East 73rd Street, but the townhouse that stood in for the home of Carrie’s fictional home is in the West Village. For the first three seasons apartment scenes were shot at 64 Perry Street before moving over to number 66 next door.

Unfortunately it’s been blurred on Street View, but you can still get a rough idea from the street of what it looks like in real life.

14. Bottom – £874,189

Bottom, house, flat, price, cost

Richie and Eddie’s house in Bottom is in Hammersmith in London and is worth just short of £900,000. The flat has two bedrooms and is spread across two tiers.

13. New Girl – £1million ($1.39million)

most expensive TV homes, TV, show, houses, homes, price, cost, ranking, expensive, New Girl, the loft

The Loft in New Girl, which is located at 837 Traction Avenue, Los Angeles, is worth £1,073,021. The exterior of the New Girl building is the Binford Building, but the interiors are a set in a studio.

12. Sherlock – £1million

most expensive TV homes, TV, show, houses, homes, price, cost, ranking, expensive, Sherlock Holmes, London

It’s obviously the one with all the pretty flowers, via Google Maps

It’s no surprise Sherlock Holmes’ house is expensive, given the swanky location it’s in. It’s on Baker St in Marylebone, London. Posh. It has five bedrooms, four bathrooms and three reception rooms. Its now home to The Sherlock Holmes museum.

11. Gossip Girl – £1.1million ($1.4million)

The first entry for Gossip Girl (yes, there are more than one) is Serena van der Woodsen’s apartment. It’s located at 300 East 55th Street, New York and is worth just over £1million.

The fictional apartment is set in a high rise on the East Side, not too far from the Palace Hotel. In real life, the apartment used is set in the Milan Condominiums – which technically isn’t in the Upper East Side.

10. Frasier – £1.1million ($1.4million)

Frasier, house, apartment, cost, price

Frasier Crane’s apartment in real life is situated at The Elliot Bay Towers in Seattle. It’s worth a pretty impressive £1,167,086. The three bedroom, 2. 5 bathroom apartment is huge – it’s the size of a small house.

9. How I Met Your Mother – £1.2million ($1.5million)

most expensive TV homes, TV, show, houses, homes, price, cost, ranking, expensive, How I Met Your Mother

Up next is Ted Mosby’s apartment, which is worth £1,249,950. It has two bedrooms and one bathroom, and is located on the third floor of the building. The apartment also has access to the roof of the building.

8. Friends – £1.8million ($2.32million)

most expensive TV homes, TV, show, houses, homes, price, cost, ranking, expensive, Friends, Monica, Rachel, apartment

Located at 90 Bedford Street, Manhattan, Monica Geller’s iconic apartment is worth a huge $2.32 million. Now all I want to know is how Monica (a chef) and roommate Rachel (a waitress at the time) could afford such a big apartment in the city?!

The two-bedroom, one-bathroom apartment is in the city’s pricey West Village neighbourhood.

7. Modern Family – £2million ($2.59million)

most expensive TV homes, TV, show, houses, homes, price, cost, ranking, expensive, Modern Family

The Dunphy House is on Dunleer Drive, Los Angeles. It’s valued at £2,007,630. It has four bedrooms and five bathrooms and was built in 2006.

6. Love Island – £2.5million

Love Island, Casa Amor, villa, price, cost

The Love Island contestants get it alright don’t they? The impressive second villa, Casa Amor, from the summer series in Majorca is worth exactly £2.5million.

The four-bedroomed villa is located just down the road from the main Love Island house on the Spanish island.

5. The OC – £2.9million ($3.7million)

The OC, house, price

Seth Cohen’s home in The OC takes fifth spot, worth £2,964,195. It’s located in Newport Beach, Los Angeles. It has six bedrooms, six bathrooms and 6,376 square feet.

4. Absolutely Fabulous £3.4million

most expensive TV homes, TV, show, houses, homes, price, cost, ranking, expensive, Absolutely Fabulous

Eddie’s abode in Absolutely Fabulous, located in London’s glamorous Holland Park, takes fourth spot. It’s worth £3,460,412.

3. Gossip Girl £3.7million ($4.8million)

The true Queen B of the Upper East Side, aka Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl, comes in at third place with her Fifth Avenue penthouse, said to be worth around £3.75 million.

Accessed via a private elevator, the penthouse has views overlooking Central Park, two floors and at least four bedrooms.

2. Fresh Prince Of Bel Air – £5million ($6.25 million)

most expensive TV homes, TV, show, houses, homes, price, cost, ranking, expensive, Fresh Prince of Bel Air

via Google Maps

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air comes in at second place, with the Banks’ family LA residence being worth just over £5 million. It has 10 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms, and obviously Bel Air is a very swanky area.

1. Downton Abbey – £137million

Yes, you did read that right. British period drama Downton Abbey is filmed at Highclere Castle, which is literally worth over a hundred million pounds. The stunning Hampshire stately home was built in the 9th Century and sits on a 5,000-acre estate. On the castle website you can book a tour of the building and the grounds. Out of all the homes on every TV show ever, this is officially the most expensive.