This TikTok trend where people change themselves into album covers will make you famous

These are too good

TikTok is the one thing that we never realised we wanted to sink hours a week into, but here we are – you’ll hear no complaints from us. Amidst the stupid dances and mimed clips from tv shows comes the latest trend that’s adding even more reason to spend too much time on the app – the album cover TikTok art challenge.

If you’re not familiar with this trend, essentially someone will get into a pose with a statement on screen, and then when the beat drops, the album cover that they’re impersonating flashes up on screen with the song title that is a response to that statement. Not that easy to explain, but take a look below and you’ll get it. The first example of the album cover TikTok trend was uploaded on the 25th of April by @kellameier, who jokes about her backup plan being “pornography” using the album cover for Travis Scott’s “Rodeo”:

@kellameierjk… unless? ##fyp♬ original sound – kellameier

Do you get the complex description above now? Also it’s so endlessly replicable – literally anyone can make a video like this. You don’t even need to be funny, just scroll through your Spotify until you find a song title that sounds suggestive and there you go, easy likes! Write us a cheque when you become a TikTok celebrity, please and thank you.

And getting easy likes is exactly what people have been doing! There’s bloody loooooads, so many that practically ever other video on the For You page is the album cover art challenge, and you know what? We’re not even mad. Here’s some of the best:

@josh_lopezzThis is my favorite trend right now 😂😂 ##fyp ##albumlookalike ##trending♬ original sound – kellameier

@charli_damelio_fanpage26😂😂😓😅##foryoupage ##foryou ##fanpage♬ original sound – kellameier

@maddielortz##greenscreen ##essayssuck ##itsmejessieandari ##procrastination♬ original sound – kellameier

@girlsIt do be like that tho @sumert7 ##foryou ##fyp ##foryoupage♬ original sound – kellameier

@nattynatnat14had to hop on the trend ##greenscreen ##tiktokcovers ##relatable ##foryou ##neverfitin♬ original sound – kellameier

@kimberleyalvarezxI CANT STOP MAKING THWSE ##greenscreen ##fyp ##foryou ##MMMDrop ##travelthrowback♬ original sound – kellameier

@noahsadirthanks for letting me know ##foryou ##foryoupage ##fyp♬ original sound – kellameier

@me_heavenli😂😂😭 ##greenscreen ##quarantine ##rihanna♬ original sound – kellameier

@jennamae__he better get used to it ##fyp ##foru ##greenscreen ##dababy♬ original sound – kellameier