The Queen is fine, but here are the 37 best memes about her hoax death

This country is so weird

Last night, a message from a group chat saying the Queen of England had died went viral. Of course, she’s fine but then the weirdest thing happened – is the Queen dead memes were circulating everywhere and #thequeenisdead started trending. I bet that’s a sentence you never thought you’d read.

A screenshot from a WhatsApp group chat called “Old times” was posted on Twitter. The group chat members: Burnsy, Cheeks, Gibbo, Josh, Morty and Ricey, were all shocked when Gibbo forwarded a message he claimed was from the Buckingham Palace guard’s group chat, saying: “Queen’s passed away this morning, heart attack, being announced 930am tomorrow, channel dash 0800 tomorrow in full number 1s, in your black kit bag you need: 1 set of 3s, 1 set of 4s, underwear and socks for 2 weeks, washing kit, body washing kit, cities fornstand down.”

is the Queen dead memes, queen elizabeth, the queen, death, memes, Twitter, explained, Old Times, group chat, WhatsApp, Gibbo, Ricey, Burnsy, Cheeks, Josh, Morty, viral, debunked, Buckingham Palace, kit bag, list,

How do they BOTH know royal guards?????

I don’t know what I believe less: The Queen dies and that’s how we found out, Buckingham Palace guards have a group chat or that everyone on Twitter turned this into a meme??

Either way, The Queen is alive and well so here are the best memes from the whole fiasco:

1.

2. We all held our breath

3. Yikes

4. DEAD?!

5. Lookin great, feelin great

6. Tell ’em, Gibbo

7. Gibbo mate what have you done

8. Legit confirmation

9. They’d told us this all along

10. Someone replied to this saying ‘unbelievable death’ and I logged out

11. REAL questions

12. Omg u guys

13. Pure chaos

14. ‘I just wanna be me’

15. Is this a dream????

16. Congratulations, you’ve clicked on it x

17. Iconic

18. This is the tweet

19. ‘I’m going nowhere’

20. Ok actually, this is the tweet

21. Sike!!!!!

22. ALARM = OFF

23. Tbf I heard this too

24. I cannot REST

25. I’m sorry

26. Thanks for this

27. This is probably too much

28. FINALLY someone sensible getting involved

29. Oh wait, never mind!

30. You and me both, Ryan-Mark

31. I’ve got a story I think you might be interested in

32. KNEW IT

33. Wow

34. Yeah tbh

35. This lot will go down in history

36. Ugh I love Twitter

37. Here’s the REAL list

This country is so weird.

Featured image (before edits) via Flickr.