Image may contain: Pants, Woman, Bed, Female, Person, Human, Interior Design, Indoors, Couch, Furniture, Clothing, Apparel, Cushion, Pillow

This is why there are no sex scenes on Love Island 2019

They are keeping them secret from us!!!!

Love Island 2019 has been full of drama, arguments and memorable moments. But one thing that’s been lacking are the sex scenes. Love Island sex scenes have become some of the most iconic moments of the show in past series – but where are they this year?!

Last night Tommy and Molly-Mae went to the Hideaway. In any other series this would have been a huge deal, but we were only shown a couple of minutes and then it was lights out, and skip to the next morning.

Now, I’m not saying they definitely had sex and the producers didn’t show it, but this is a million miles away from season two when Alex and Zara were in the Hideaway and we saw EVERYTHING. Or when Terry and Emma shagged on top of the sheets, and then a few nights later there was footage of literally every couple having sex in the same room.

Image may contain: Love Island sex scenes, Love island, 2019, sex, producers, Islanders, contestants, secret, cast, the Hideaway, Female, Portrait, Photography, Photo, Newborn, Baby, Laughing, Head, Smile, Face

Zara’s is one of the most infamous Love Island sex scenes in the Hideaway with Alex in season two

There have been virtually no Love Island sex scenes this year. And people are NOT happy.

According to The Sun, it’s not that the couples aren’t having sex, it’s that the producers are opting not to show it. Apparently the Islanders fear the sex scenes being shown will “ruin their lives”, so that is why they’re not being aired.

Image may contain: Love Island sex scenes, Love island, 2019, sex, producers, Islanders, contestants, secret, cast, the Hideaway, Amy, Curtis, bedroom, Girl, Kid, Child, Furniture, Bed, Photo, Photography, Portrait, Hug, Baby, Newborn, Woman, Sleeping, Asleep, Female, Human, Face, Person, Cushion, Pillow

Amy and Curtis in bed

A TV insider told The Sun: “There’s a few couples having sex in the villa but it hasn’t been shown on TV – bosses are worried about upsetting them and fear ruining their lives.

“Everyone is being extra careful about the well-being of the cast and how they will deal with the aftermath if their sex scenes are shown.

“Most of them have said they’re not comfortable with their sex scenes being broadcast and bosses have taken it all into account – many go on to regret having sex on camera because of how they’re viewed by the public and their employers.”

Image may contain: Love Island sex scenes, Love island, 2019, sex, producers, Islanders, contestants, secret, cast, the Hideaway, bedroom, Tommy, Molly-Mae, jesus christ, Baby, Newborn, Female, Hug, Bed, Face, Furniture, Human, Person, Pillow, Cushion

Viewers think Molly-Mae and Tommy have definitely had sex

The source added: “ITV bosses are being extra cautious after suicides and it’s easier to not show the sex – if it happens it’s alluded to in the commentary by Iain Stirling rather than explicitly shown – chances are we might never see anyone have sex on Love Island again.”

Is this the end of Love Island sex scenes forever?

For all the latest Love Island 2019 gossip and memes like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.

For hardcore fans, join our exclusive Facebook group – The Official Love Island Group Chat 2019.