BREAKING: Gunwharf Quays gym is closing down in June

Members get to join The Pyramids gym for the same price

Members of the 24/7 gym in Gunwharf Quays awoke to some devastating news this morning when they found out that the gym will be closing its doors after ten years of service. The gym with the iconic scenic view will be closing at the end of June this year. However, it wasn’t the gym’s decision to close, the landlord has forced them to.

Founder of 24/7 Fitness, Gary Lockwood exclusively told Spotted Portsmouth this:

“Following on from many months of negotiation with our landlord we were unable to come up with a new lease that was commercially viable for both parties. With our 10-year lease now at an end we have no choice but to leave the premises.”

In a personal message to all of the gym members, Gary wrote:

“It is with a heavy heart that I am writing to inform you the 24/7 Fitness Gunwharf Branch will be closing on 30th June 2017. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been involved in the club over the last decade, whether you have been a member for a few months or been there with us from the start, Sarah, Jess and I have loved having you and the support you have given us and our once fledgling company. I would also like to thank everyone at Gunwharf management for their support over the years and for giving a chance to three unknown dreamers like us.”

It’s not all bad news though, 24/7 Fitness has now been made into a nationwide chain, with those gyms being just as successful. The closest 24/7 Fitness branches to Portsmouth are situated in Fareham and Waterlooville. If you wish to transfer your membership to one of those branches, then that is possible.

But, if you do not wish to travel to surrounding towns, 24/7 Fitness has settled on a deal with BH Live, who operate the Pyramids, Mountbatten and five other centres in the local area. So if you choose to move over to The Pyramids, then they will honour the rates that 24/7 fitness members were getting for your first 12 months.

If you have any questions regarding this issue, then representatives can be found in 24/7 Fitness for the final 6 weeks.

University of Portsmouth