Former footballer Jermaine Jenas set to receive honorary degree from Nottingham Trent

He will receive an Honorary Doctorate of Sport

Jermaine Jenas, ex-footballer turned TV presenter is set to receive an honorary university degree.

Jenas who played for Nottingham Forest, Spurs and Newcastle United will be given the honour from Nottingham Trent University, reports the BBC.

The 40-year-old, who was born in the Clifton area, now co-presents The One Show on BBC One.

Jenas made his debut in football at the age of 17 playing 341 times and making 21 appearances for England.

Alongside a friend he set up the Aquinas Foundation to help incentivise and raise aspirations of young people in schools across Nottingham. He is set to receive the honorary degree on 14th December.

Whilst recovering from a knee injury he turned his attention to working within media as a pundit, becoming a regular on Match of the Day as well as on BT Sport. He has been presenting The One Show since 2020.

Feature Image via David Fisher/Shuttershock.

Nottingham City Council has declared itself as being effectively bankrupt

• University of Nottingham receives £5million funding to help reach net zero target

• Nottingham students are withholding rent after Legionella was found in Florence Boot Hall