CCTV images released after Nottingham student attacked and robbed at tram stop

The student was placed in a headlock and left with a black eye

A Nottingham student has been violently attacked at a tram stop in Nottingham.

The incident occurred on Wednesday 20th September at the Noel Street Tram stop at approximately 7:45pm. Nottinghamshire Police has said the student was with a group of friends when he was assaulted by a group of men who were displaying hostile behaviour.

The attackers targeted him and placed him in a headlock, giving him a black eye as well as taking his phone, ITV Reports.

The group of students were able to board an approaching tram with the attackers unsuccessfully attempting to pull open the tram doors.

Nottinghamshire Police has asked the public for any information that may aid the investigation to come forward. It has released CCTV images of the men believed to have committed the assault.

Detective Constable Colin Kirkup who is heading up the investigation, said “We have carried out extensive CCTV inquiries since the incident occurred to try and track where these offenders have gone after the attack. Their last known location was Gregory Boulevard.”

While the offenders have not been caught, police have said they “won’t give up” until the attackers are in custody with Detective Constable Kirkup stating: “These are clearly nasty individuals who need to be stopped”.

Student prices made available to all young people for Nottingham bus and tram travel

Both Nottingham unis rank in top 50 of The Times’ Good University Guide

Nottingham student dies at university accommodation from ‘substance toxicity’