Nottingham student dies at university accommodation from ‘substance toxicity’

Omodolapo Bolinda was described as ‘an inspiration to everybody around her’


A Nottingham student has died from “substance toxicity” at her accommodation.

18-year-old Omodolapo Bolinda died in her sleep on the 13th of March, 2023 and was identified by a student accommodation officer.

Assistant coroner for Nottinghamshire, Gordon Clow, opened the inquest into the death that occurred in a student accommodation on Wragby Road, Lenton.

The post-mortem recorded her death as “resulting from substance toxicity”, reports Nottinghamshire Live.

Omodolapo’s younger brother, Abdul-Malik subsequently started a GoFundMe page dedicated to his older sister.

Abdul-Malik wrote: “Dolapo was only 18 years old and had always been a very intelligent young woman with a bright future ahead of her.

“Dolapo was the best older sister, she was a part of the young scientists journal and took part in many events and volunteering at her university as she was part of the student board.

“Dolapo was an inspiration to everybody around her she would always want you to go further to do the best for yourself and she set a good example for everyone around her.”

Mr Clow adjourned the inquest for the completion of additional inquiries and stated that it would resume on a yet-to-be-decided date.

He added: “I conclude this morning by expressing my condolences and my best wishes to the family of Omodolapo Bolinda and to her friends and colleagues at the university for her passing in such difficult circumstances at such a young age.”

Featured image via Google Maps.

Related articles recommended by this author:

The Killers pay tribute to Barnaby Webber during Reading Festival set

Kosher meals to be served to students for the first time at University of Nottingham

Inquests into the deaths of Nottingham stabbing victims set to open