A man has been charged with murder following the Nottingham student attacks

31-year-old Valdo Calocane has also been charged with attempted murder

A man has been charged with the murders of Barnaby Webber, Grace O’Malley-Kumar and Ian Coates in Nottingham.

He has also been charged with attempted murder after three people were injured, where one was injured critically after being hit by a van.

Mr Calocane will appear at Nottingham Magistrates’ Court on Saturday.

University of Nottingham students Barnaby and Grace were fatally stabbed in the early hours of the morning June 13th on Ilkeston Road. Police then found the body of Ian Coates on Magdala Road after his van was allegedly stolen.

It is then believed the same van was driven at pedestrians on Milton Street in the city centre, where one person remains in critical condition.

Chief Constable Kate Meynell, of Nottinghamshire Police, said: “These charges are a significant development and arise as a result of our thorough investigation into these horrific incidents that occurred in our city.
“Our thoughts remain with the families and friends of all those affected by these attacks, and we will continue to provide support and reassurance.”

This is a breaking news story and is being updated and more details will be published shortly.

• ‘The whole city came together’: Inside the vigil held for Nottingham students after tragic deaths

• Suspect in Nottingham attack is former engineering student of the university

Tributes pour in after deaths of ‘talented’ University of Nottingham students