Mayhem’s best dressed

You all look terrible

| UPDATED Halloween Mayhem Pictures

On All Hallows’ Eve, students of Loughborough dressed in their finest ghoulish gear to drink jagerbombs with the hope of pulling a loo rolled zombie.

The Halloween tradition is thought to derive from a pre-Christian festival in which dead souls would cross into the land of the living.

In Loughborough, it’s a great excuse for students to leave the realms of essays and procrastinate with elaborate costume ideas.

In celebration of this, here are some of the best and creepiest costumes from the night of Mayhem, as well as some great makeup:

Horror film inspirations were seen in their dozens on Mayhem; however the lenses on this Saw character got him into the Best Dressed.

In exchange for the fear factor, they certainly got a few TBBT (The Big Bang Theory) related laughs. Great effort.

Ignoring the Mean Girls ideas about Halloween, these girls went all out with hand crafted fairy light boards and awesome tin hats.

Whilst still maintaining a fashionable edge, this guy blended in the horror with effective bullet hole makeup.

Simple but effective. He managed to put in minimal effort and still achieved the creepiest look of the evening.

Photos courtesy of Louise Blakemore.