UCU announces marking boycott to begin on April 20th

The boycott will include all ‘summative marking and associated assessment activities’

The UCU has announced that this term’s marking boycott will begin on April 20th.

The UCU asks all striking members to refrain from all marking and assessment related activities.

This announcement follows the recent statement that the union will be partaking in a further six months of strikes.

Taking to Twitter, the UCU posted: “Our union has today served notice on employers for a marking and assessment boycott to begin later this month in the pension and pay & conditions disputes.”

The posts also explained that the union is asking “all members to cease summative marking and associated assessment activities” including “assessment-related work such as exam invigilation”.

The union’s marking boycott includes training sessions for the members, the next one of which is scheduled to take place on the 17th of April.

This marking boycott was announced in January to be “strategically targeted to hit summer graduations”, and involves the 150 universities that have participated in the previous strike action throughout Lent term. However, individual universities’ involvement is yet to be confirmed.

Featured image via @UCU on Twitter.

Related articles recommended by this writer: