Student bites police officer outside Glasgow nightclub in ‘anti-Scottish’ attack

He was originally removed from the club for being ‘threatening to staff’

A Glasgow student has been found guilty of biting a police officer outside a nightclub in an “anti-Scottish” attack.

Daniel Walker, a former law student was seen to be “behaving in a threatening or abusive manner which was racially aggravated” after being removed from Mango on March 22nd 2023.

Glasgow Live reports that he became agitated and entered into a struggle which ended with Walker biting the police officer on the arm.

He then called the constable a “Scottish wanker” and boasted about his university performance, stating that he was a “straight A student”.

Walker, who is of Latin American heritage allegedly said to the officer: “Who do you think a Sheriff is going to believe?”

In a recent court case held at Glasgow Sheriff Court, Walker was found guilty of behaving in an abusive and threatening manner with a racial motivation. Furthermore, he was convicted of resisting, obstructing or hindering police officers as well as an assault on the constable.

Mango security guard, Deivid Viana, was called as a witness in the case. He described receiving a call from one of the club’s bar staff at 10pm that night. He said that he was “told about a customer who was being threatening to staff and asked to remove the guy.”

Viana further states that Walker was aggressive and asked him “who are you?” and then followed this up by telling Viana to “fuck off”.

PC Declan McKee attended the scene and described Walker as “upset and agitated” and explained that he had to arrest him as he was becoming “quite loud”.

A struggle then ensued as Walker pulled away from the police officer, eventually being taken to the ground. PC McKee describes the struggle continuing on the ground until Walker was eventually handcuffed.

He appeared to have calmed down, however on the walk to the police car, Walker lashed out and bit McKee on his left arm, he was restrained a second time, whilst shouting abuse at the officers. He is also said to have continued to shout and swear after being placed in the police vehicle.

Sheriff Anna Reid told the court that the officer’s evidence was “measured, clear and reliable” whilst Walker’s evidence was “conflicting” and she didn’t accept it. Despite this, she accepted that his actions were out of character.

“There is no schedule of previous convictions and it’s clear from his evidence that he is extremely remorseful and regrets the language used. I am going to admonish you for each charge,” she said.

Featured image via Google Maps