Glasgow University mourns the loss of lecturer who died one day before her 40th birthday

Dr. Johanna Green was known for her inspiring work and brave fight against bowel cancer

The University of Glasgow is mourning the loss of Dr. Johanna Green, a beloved senior lecturer in Information Studies, who passed away tragically on July 20th, one day before her 40th birthday.

Dr. Green’s battle with stage four bowel cancer was a testament to her strength and determination, as she continued to teach and contribute to research even during her treatment, reports The Scottish Sun.

Despite facing significant health challenges, Dr. Green remained a dedicated educator, specialising in book history and digital humanities. Her impact on her students and colleagues was described as nothing short of remarkable, and she was hailed as a “one-of-a-kind” lecturer by the university community.

The University of Glasgow shared the tragic news on Twitter three days ago: “We are heartbroken to hear of the loss of Johanna Green. A much loved colleague, extraordinary teacher and friend”.

Dr. Green’s journey with cancer inspired her to contribute to research on bowel cancer and share her experiences with young patients. She played a vital role in coordinating research for the School of Medical Education at King’s College London. Her dedication to her work and her students was evident, and her legacy will continue to shape the future of those who knew her.

Dr. Johanna Green’s remarkable journey and contributions will forever be etched in the hearts of all who had the privilege of knowing her. Her memory will live on as an inspiration to those she touched, and her legacy will continue to influence the field of Information Studies for years to come.

Featured image via Twitter.

Record breaking ‘Mardi Gla’: 50,000 attendees at Glasgow Pride 2023

Glasgow alumni raises funds for ambulance for Ukraine

Strathclyde UCU claims missing graduation livestream is due to student protest during ceremony