The Bristol Tab wants you: How to become a new writer

Head on down to our open meeting at 5pm on Tuesday 3rd October in Senate House

Have you always fancied yourself as a whiz with words? Are you the first to hear about campus gossip? Do you live, breathe TikTok? Then The Bristol Tab wants you to join us for the coming academic year!

Whether you’re just starting as a fresher, or you’re a second or third year yearning for a creative outlet besides your dissertation, we want opinions from people across the student community.

Writing for The Tab is a great way to get involved in events across the uni and provide an impactful voice for students. It insures you are the first to hear the best goss around campus and, not to mention, it will add some spice to your cv.

There are a few strands of The Tab you can get involved in:

News

Writing news for The Bristol Tab means providing a voice for all students, covering local stories, interviewing people, and being on the scene as events unfold.

The Bristol Tab has previously covered stories such as sexual harassment on university placements, students getting paid to mark exam papers, and the ban on drinking outside pubs.

If you’ve got what it takes to chase stories and attend events, the news team is the place for you.

Features

Features stories can range from advice and guides for students, to the best happy hour spots– we’re always open to new ideas. This year we’re looking particularly for opinionated students who have something to say about the goings on at university, as well as those with a penchant for culture who would be interested in writing music and theatre reviews.

Meetings

We have weekly meetings over a pint at the pub where you can put forward any ideas and also pick up commissions, as well as regular socials to look forward to.

No previous writing experience is necessary, just bring yourself and loads of enthusiasm. If you’ve got an opinion that you think needs sharing, we want to hear it.

Open meeting

If this sounds like a bit of you then come along to our open meeting on Tuesday 3rd October at 5pm, room 5.22 in Senate house.

Contact us

Simply cannot wait until next week to see us? You can contact The Bristol Tab on our socials with any questions.

Instagram: @thebristoltab

TikTok: @thebristoltab