A critical ranking of the worst Emily in Paris season four characters, from ick to evil

Camille and Gabriel deserve each other

Bonjour, babes! If you’re anything like me, you binge watched Emily in Paris in a matter of days, soaking up every bit of drama and charm the iconic series has to offer. Now that the show has returned for its fourth season, the French drama, fashion and questionable choices reached new heights. While we can’t get enough of the glamour and chaos, some characters have become more insufferable than ever.

So, here’s an indisputable Emily in Paris season four character ranking, from least to most insufferable. Get ready for some real hot takes!

11. Marcello

via Netflix

Marcello is a breath of fresh air in Emily’s chaotic life. He swoops in to save her after Gabriel leaves her stranded on top of the ski slopes, showing his protective and charming side right off the bat. Not only does he have a magnetic personality, but he also encourages Emily to embrace the present moment without the distractions of social media. His perspective helps her grow, and their chemistry is undeniable. Overall, he’s a solid addition to the cast and one of the few characters we can’t help but root for!

10. Alfie

via Netflix

Alfie continues to be the calm in Emily’s storm. His supportive nature shines through in season four, especially when he offers her sound advice during her work challenges. Whether they’re sharing a laugh over coffee or discussing her latest marketing ventures, Alfie brings a refreshing level of maturity. He deserves a shout out for being the one character who can keep his cool amidst all the drama-  if only Emily could see it too!

9. Luc

via Netflix

Luc remains the lovable oddball we all adore. With his clever one-liners during team meetings and his quirky sense of humour, he provides the comic relief we didn’t know we needed. While he usually keeps his distance from the drama, this season he finds himself in a tricky situation after being misled by his girlfriend, who complicates matters by asking Sylvie for a raise. This leaves Luc caught in the crossfire of workplace tensions.

8. Julien

via Netflix

While Julien can certainly indulge in gossip, his harmless nature brings a lively energy to the office. His signature sass adds spice to the office dynamic, but he never crosses the line into being truly annoying—we live for his shade! However, feeling undervalued and overshadowed by Emily, he decides to temporarily leave Agence Grateau for a competitor. Despite their complicated friendship, Julien remains loyal and protective, even going so far as to warn Genevieve against sitting in Emily’s spot. With his biting commentary and playful jabs, he keeps the atmosphere entertaining.

7. Sylvie

via Netflix

Sylvie is the ultimate boss babe who keeps her composure under pressure, and if you find yourself on her bad side, that’s on you. However, her ambition can sometimes hinder her relationships with others. For example, she insists that Emily pitch to Marcello while on holiday, and her surprise visit disrupts Emily’s date with him.

Despite these missteps, Sylvie ultimately reconciles with Emily and gives her the credit she deserves. Her cold and controlling nature can be off-putting at times, placing her in the middle of our ranking, as she prioritises work above all else. Yet, her undeniable boldness and complexity make her character lovable.

6. Mindy Chen

via Netflix

Mindy is still the supportive friend we love, but this season, she occasionally feels like she’s sidelined in her own storyline. While we appreciate her musical aspirations, her constant cheerleading for Emily can feel a bit excessive. Her moments of genuine encouragement shine through, like when she performs at a Parisian cabaret, reminding us of her talent. But we’d love to see her character develop beyond just being Emily’s sidekick.

5. Emily Cooper

via Netflix

Emily, Emily, Emily—mon dieu! She’s the queen of drama, always making questionable decisions and never quite figuring out her love life. While we admire her enthusiasm for marketing and her adventurous spirit, she can be utterly exhausting. At this point, all we really want is for her to choose a direction and commit to it!

4. Genevieve

emily in paris season four ranking

via Netflix

Genevieve, the new addition, presents a charming facade, but her calculated ambition is hard to overlook. She frequently undermines Emily’s efforts, particularly when it comes to landing high-profile clients. In one memorable scene, she tries to take credit for a successful pitch, leaving Emily feeling side-lined.

There’s an air of forced familiarity about her – perhaps it’s her tendency to insert herself into everyone’s affairs. Time will tell if she can grow on us. And let’s be clear: Flirting with Emily’s ex, Gabriel? Definitely not cool at all.

3. Camille

emily in paris season four ranking

via Netflix

While Camille’s initial sweetness is charming, her manipulative tendencies become increasingly apparent as she fights to regain her place in Gabriel’s life. From pretending to be pregnant to sideline Emily and focus on her own agenda, Camille almost takes the crown for being the most insufferable character this season.

Her manipulation of both Gabriel and Emily’s relationship is next level toxic, and calculated demeanour only amplifies the situation. She’s the ultimate villain in the Emily in Paris universe, and we’re completely over her shady tactics.

2. Nicolas De Leon

emily in paris season four ranking

via Netflix

Nicolas is that guy who believes his wealth and influence entitle him to manipulate the lives of those around him. This season, his arrogance is at an all time high, and his constant attempts to control situations and people are downright irritating. He will go to any lengths for his father and his family’s reputation, even if it means sacrificing his happiness and relationship with Mindy.

1. Gabriel

emily in paris season four ranking

via Netflix

Gabriel has always been the dreamy chef with a heart of gold, but come on, his indecisiveness has gotten out of hand. His back and forth with Emily and Camille is old news, and at this point, we just want him to stop brooding and move on. His inability to sort out his feelings makes him the most frustrating and insufferable character in this Emily in Paris season four ranking.

But do you agree? Cast your vote for the most insufferable Emily in Paris character below.

Emily in Paris is available on Netflix now – For more like this Emily in Paris season four ranking and all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes, like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.