Taylor Swift Pitchfork 2020s

Pitchfork released its best 100 songs of the 2020s list, and Taylor Swift isn’t on it once

She released four new albums four re-releases and not one song made the cut

A Pitchfork ranking is the peak of the year for any music fan. The notoriously hard to please publication does its yearly ranking of the 100 best songs of the year, as well as a best songs of the decade run down every 10 years. It also releases a 100 best songs of the decade so far ranking halfway through, and yesterday Pitchfork released what its critics deem the 100 best songs of the 2020s so far – and Taylor Swift was nowhere to be found. It’s a pretty hilarious move that everyone is dragging, loving or raging about – here’s why it’s so funny.

The list of 100 songs spans all genres and vibes, and Pitchfork are quite good at giving nods to those who deserve it when it publishes its 100 best songs of the 2020s so far and other decade rankings. Big pop songs like Sabrina Carpenter’s Espresso and Good Luck Babe by Chappell Roan made the cut, as well as Charli XCX and Lorde making the cut with their Girl, so confusing working it out on the remix moment. The 1975 are in the mix, and Beyoncé’s Renaissance got a nod with Alien Superstar.

But Taylor Swift is nowhere to be found in the Pitchfork list – despite the fact she has released four new albums in the 2020s. And that’s not including the re-releases of Fearless, Red, Speak Now and 1989 – which all came with new tracks. Not a single song made the list. And Pitchfork isn’t afraid to acclaim Taylor – a song from her has featured in their yearly rankings in 2020-2023.

No August is actually criminal, I concede. But did Taylor Swift get snubbed from the Pitchfork list for ragebait purposes? The Swifties certainly think so.

The top 10 has some absolute bangers. As follows

10. crisp dubs — Xaviersobased
9. I Want You To Love Me — Fiona Apple
8. Murder Most Foul — Bob Dylan
7. Runner — Alex G
6. It Must Change — ANOHNI and the Johnsons
5. Days Like These — Low
4. Bunny Is A Rider — Caroline Polachek
3. Not Like Us — Kendrick Lamar
2. American tterroristt — RXK Nephew
1. A&W — Lana Del Rey

They ate with the number one placement – best song of 2023 and the decade so far. Huge love for that Fiona track too, and Bunny is a Rider is UNREAL. Love that Kendrick Lamar diss track to Drake but to put it third when it’s only been out for a few weeks is a bit laughable.

• Explaining the saga of Taylor Swift bestie Brittany Mahomes coming out as a Trump supporter

Taylor Swift still acted pally with Brittany Mahomes despite backlash to her supporting Trump

• Taylor Swift just dropped more versions of TTPD and people think it’s to block Chappell Roan

Featured image by Anthony Harvey/Shutterstock