A side-by-side look at the Netflix Monsters cast and eerily similar real people they play

I’ve never seen such spot on casting in a Netflix show

The Netflix true crime drama Monsters: The Lyle and Erik Menendez Story had one of the closest cast to real life people comparisons I’ve ever seen on a Netflix show. Despite the show’s disturbing plot, I just couldn’t believe just how accurate the actors had been casted, and Nicholas Chavez and Cooper Koch even had the Menendez brothers’ courtroom mannerisms down to a T. Here’s a side-by-side look at the Monsters cast in comparison to the real people they played: I bet you’ll be as spooked as I am.

Cooper Koch as Erik Menendez

lyle menendez real people

via YouTube and Netflix

Cooper Koch was casted brilliantly for this role: Not just for this identical appearance, but also his general character. He embodied the terrified 18 year-old so well on the show, and gave us a heart-wrenching performance in episode five, The Hurt Man.

Nicholas Chavez as Lyle Menendez

erik menendez real people

via YouTube and Netflix

Lyle, the older of the two brothers, played by Nicholas Chavez is a pretty spot on comparison. During this scene in the show, Nicholas is basically a clone when it comes to Lyle’s mannerisms and facial expressions, and even his outfit is a perfect match. He gives such an emotional statement and the similarities are almost too much to bear.

Javier Bardem as José Menendez

monsters cast real people

via YouTube and Netflix

Not only is he a terrifying character on the show, but José Menendez is just terrifying in general. His eyes are genuinely piercing into my soul in the worst way in the original picture. This can’t have been an easy role for Javier Barden to take on, so you’ve got to give him some credit.

Chloë Sevigny as Kitty Menendez

kitty menendez monsters people

via YouTube and Netflix

You’ve got to credit the on-set stylist for this one because they really got Chloë Sevigny’s hair perfect, and she looks so similar to the real Kitty Menendez. It’s genuinely like they went back to the 80s and got all the original products Kitty was using.

Nathan Lane as Dominick Dunne

monsters netflix real people

via YouTube and Netflix

Okay, this one might actually be the closest comparison of the entire show. Nathan Lane as Dominick Dunne is just like the same person. They even got his spotty tie on point and slightly changed the shape of his glasses for that 90s vibe. Again, a huge clap for the stylists here.

Ari Graynor as Leslie Abramson

monsters cast real people

via YouTube and Netflix

Everybody loves a boss lady power suit, and Leslie Abramson came to demolish when she rocked up to court in this red number. Ari Graynor does an amazing job playing her character, but also looking the part. The hair is a crazy match.

Monsters: The Lyle and Erik Menendez Story is available on Netflix now – For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes about Erik and Lyle Menendez and the therapist, like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.