Kate Middleton overlayed a festival

Um, so apparently Kate Middleton was at Houghton Festival this weekend?!

Wonder if she whipped the gun fingers out at The Quarry

After rumours were swirling around the festival all weekend, a source has confirmed to the Daily Mail that Kate Middleton was at Houghton Festival in Norfolk this weekend.

The Princess of Wales went to the festival after visiting her neighbours, the Marquess and Marchioness of Cholmondeley David and Rose who own the 1,000-acre estate where the festival is based. Why don’t any of my neighbours have a festival in their garden?

Prince William is not said to have attended.

“After dinner, one of the guests suggested that Catherine go to the festival,” a source told the Daily Mail.

“Catherine was nervous about the idea, but, after much discussion with her protection officers, she went with lots of security. William wasn’t there.”

This is understood to be Kate’s first ever time at a music festival. According to The Mail, a Kensington Palace spokesperson declined to comment, so it’s not clear why Prince William didn’t join his wife.

Also loving a rave, in June, Prince William was seen dancing at London nightclub Koko.

One Tweet about Kate’s festival appearance said: “Actually so gutted I wasn’t at Houghton – I would 100 per cent be making a faux allegation that I saw Kate doing [redacted] and blackmailing the Royal Family rn x”.

Houghton Festival is the UK’s only 24-hour festival, meaning it has a licence to play music all night and music will be playing somewhere on the Houghton Estate at all times.

The festival was launched in 2017 by DJ Craig Richards and this year’s included performances from more than 200 artists such as Ben UFO and Batu playing across 13 stages. Over 12,000 people were expected to attend. According to The Mail, it’s a “very upper class festival.”

Can you imagine being off your tits at a festival and bumping in to the literal future Queen of England? Absolute chaos.

Featured image before edits via YouTube.