Excuse me, why has this London balcony got every UK influencer in a chokehold?

I asked the owners what the hell is going on

Not so long ago, I was scrolling through Instagram on autopilot after a long day at work – and I felt a sudden feeling of deja-vu. I was sure I’d seen the photo on my feed before. But there it was, clear as day, Instagram telling me the post had only been up for 15 minutes.

Then I realised what made this photo so glaringly familiar: I’d seen the location before. In fact, loads of times. A stunning, almost Parisian looking balcony overlooking St Paul’s in London. I could even remember who I’d seen posing on it, it was Emily Miller from Too Hot To Handle tying up her shoes there, as she looked into the camera.

For about two weeks then, I couldn’t stop seeing this damn balcony everywhere. Call me sad, I know I am, but it was literally driving me insane. I found out with a quick Google that the balcony was owned by a talent agency – makes sense – so I went on its feed to check out even more balcony shots. I was a woman obsessed.

I tweeted all the pictures and asked the world if anyone else had seen this balcony, and given I’m no influencer and have a lousy amount of Twitter followers, the post actually took off. Most people found it utterly bizarre and hilarious, whilst a few thought it kind enough to point out the building is owned by their management. Thanks, I already knew that, and sometimes we’re allowed to have fun before journo Twitter makes everything boring.

But, like, I still wanted to know what’s going on. Do the influencers get asked to come along and take pictures there? Do they bring all their ‘fits with them? If you turn up on a Saturday will Love Islanders be battling with the cast of Too Hot To Handle to take the best photo for their PrettyLittleThing range before it rains? How does it work?!

via Google Maps

The studio is part of the HLD group, which includes HLD talent. HLD has names such as Jessie Wynter, Emily Miller, GK Barry, Sharon Gaffka, Faye Winter and Paige Thorne on its books. The agency has an office in Shoreditch, but told me they searched “high and low” to find the perfect place for a studio.

The St Paul’s balcony was specifically chosen with Parisian photo shoots in mind. “We always knew the view was one of a kind and allowed people to create beautiful images and a Parisian vibe on a budget,” Hannah, the agency’s CEO, told The Tab.

She said the studio has a “full team on hand” for influencers and TV stars who want to come in and take some pics, and they organise the shoots on their behalf. The influencers who want to shoot content there will bring clothes with them, and get all prepped for a day of content creation in the studios.

“We manage talent and they are free to use when they like for free as a perk to being at the agency,” Hannah told The Tab. “We have many influencers and brands who pay for the space to use as a content shoot or campaigns.”

Oh – and if you want to recreate your Parisian dreams you sure as hell can – the studio is available to rent on the HLD website.

Now, look out for the balcony on your feed. I know you’re going to see it all the time.