The Tab is hiring a Junior Social Executive

Here’s how to apply

The Tab is looking for an ambitious social executive to create content and memes for The Tab’s network of Facebook accounts. This person will play a big part in driving The Tab towards being the most influential youth media brand in the UK.

The Tab is a news site covering student and youth culture, with seven million readers a month. We cover everything from Netflix to politics, as well as dominating uni campuses all over the UK. The Tab is part of Digitalbox Plc – the growing media company behind Entertainment Daily!, The Poke and The Daily Mash. At The Tab we put young people in charge; the average age is 25 and many staff go on to run their own team within three years.

In this role, you will be numbers-driven and creative – we are looking for someone who lives and breathes online culture, to create pictures and memes to display our content in creative ways.

This person will work across our network of growing pages, including The Tab, babe, The Holy Church of Netflix and The Holy Church of Love Island, as well as be instrumental in the launch of new Gaming and Entertainment vertical pages.

You’ll join a team of 10 journalists in our London HQ, creating daily content for our Facebook pages, working directly with our Social Media Manager. 

Our London HQ

The role offers the option of flexible home and/or office working, inclusive of a pass to Second Home in Spitalfields, East London – which includes a roof terrace, free yoga, weekly Friday drinks, and plenty of dogs.

Key responsibilities: 

• Creating engaging pictures for Facebook, with articles that have been published throughout the day
  • Creating memes and engaging content for our Facebook and Twitter pages
  • Aggressively increasing our Facebook reach, and creating new viral communities and pages on Facebook 
  • Working towards a personal traffic and audience target to ensure month on month growth
  • Reporting growth figures to Head of Entertainment

You must have: 

• A 2.1 degree from a UK university
  • A strong interest in gaming and entertainment
  • Proven experience of prioritising and managing multiple tasks at once
  • A keen eye for viral content 
  • Ability to take initiative and work independently
  • Big ambitions, a growth mindset, and a love of analytics
  • Experience in editing softwares such as Canva and Photoshop is preferred, but not required

Benefits:

•  You’ll receive £22,000 a year, with pay review after the first year
  • Hours: 9 am-6 pm weekdays (with the option to start at 8 am and finish at 5 pm)
  • 4.30pm Friday finishes
  • 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
  • Access to our plant-filled office in Spitalfields, East London, which has perks like free yoga classes and cake
  • A young, sociable team
  • 24/7 access to doctors via the private WeCare app – for your physical or mental health
  • Company-wide parties, away days, and retreats every year
  • A company MacBook Air

The team

To apply, send the following to Head of Entertainment Hayley Soen, ([email protected]): 

Email your CV plus three reasons, with examples, why you think this job suits you

Applications close on Sunday 23rd April 2023, and candidates should be available to start ASAP.