Two teenagers have been arrested and charged with the murder of Brianna Ghey

The two teenagers have been held in custody since Monday

On Saturday 11th February, 16-year-old Brianna Ghey was found with stab wounds in Linear Park in Cheshire – she was pronounced dead at the scene.

Since her tragic death, tributes have poured in for Brianna Ghey, after the trans teenager was found dead in the park.

Two 15-year-olds have been charged with the murder of Brianna and have been in custody since their arrest on Monday.

Cheshire constabulary said on Wednesday that a 15-year-old girl from Warrington and a 15-year-old boy from Leigh had been charged with Brianna’s murder.

It added: “The Crown Prosecution Service reminds all concerned that criminal proceedings against both 15-year-olds are now active and that they have the right to a fair trial. It is extremely important that there should be no reporting commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice these proceedings.”

Detectives have urged the public to “avoid speculation online and be wary of sharing misinformation relating to this case.”

Following Brianna’s murder, vigils are being held across the UK in memory of the teenager and in support of the trans community. Brianna was described as her family as strong, fearless and “one of a kind.”

If you or someone you know has been affected by this story you can contact Switchboard, the LGBTQ+ helpline, on 0300 330 0630 or visit their website. You can also find help through young people’s charity The Mix, and Galop, the LGBTQ+ anti-violence charity.