Maya Jama's net worth

Ok, so just how rich is Love Island 2023 host Maya Jama?

She said it’s ‘so cool’ getting paid to do what she enjoys

Maya Jama is the new host of Love Island 2023 and she has been adored by fans and Islanders alike since she made her debut. Maya began her career years ago and constantly took on different presenting roles across all different formats before she truly broke into the industry and became the first Black host of Love Island. Maya Jama’s various roles over the years has led to her racking up a pretty high net worth.

The 28-year-old has worked as TV presenter, DJ and radio host and was even the youngest person to ever co-host the MOBO Awards. Maya was also a guest judge on RuPaul’s Drag Race UK and has presented a number of game shows on the BBC and ITV.

Maya moved to London when she was just 16 years old and got her first gig when she was 18 years old as a host for The Jump Off, and from there here career only went upwards. Alongside side her TV and radio work, Maya set up her own skincare brand called MIJ masks which sells face masks for people to wear on any occasion.

Maya Jama’s current net worth is an eye-watering £1.5 million. Her net worth is largely due to her brand endorsements, presenter and radio roles as well as her skincare range, MIJ Masks. However, if £1.5 million wasn’t an insane amount enough, her net worth is only likely to grow due to her new role on Love Island.

Maya previously revealed that she became a millionaire when she was 24 years old. Speaking with the Evening Standard about her rising career, Maya said that being a millionaire was “nice” but it wasn’t her goal when beginning her career. She said: “You do something you enjoy and then you get paid for it and you’re like, ‘Oh my gosh, this is so cool!'”

The Sun previously revealed that Maya Jama became a millionaire after multiple show business opportunities. An insider told the publication: “Maya has been grafting for years, honing her craft, but this year she’s really come into her own. After leaving Radio 1 in May, she said she had exciting projects and she wasn’t wrong. Landing a presenting gig alongside Peter Crouch on his BBC primetime TV show Save Our Summer was massive, and it’s just the start.”

Love Island 2023 continues at 9pm on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.