Apprentice Gregory nazi

Gregory from The Apprentice apologises for his antiques business stocking Nazi memorabilia

‘I in no way condone this abhorrent and shameful part of history’

History buff Gregory Ebbs from this year’s season of The Apprentice has apologised after it was reported that his online antiques marketplace stocked Nazi memorabilia.

Gregory Ebbs’ business is an “eBay for antiques” online marketplace called Ebbs’ Raven Yard Antiques, and it came under fire from Jewish groups after a German officer’s dress dagger was sold for £725 on the day the new season of The Apprentice started, The Sun reports.

Apprentice candidate Gregory Ebbs has now issued an apology for the sale of the Nazi memorabilia, saying it was sold by a third party vendor on the marketplace. Speaking to MailOnline, Gregory said: “I in no way condone or wish to be looking to be celebrating this abhorrent and shameful part of history and I apologise for any offence caused. My online business is an antiques marketplace where independent sellers have a platform to sell a wide range of antiques, memorabilia & militaria from many different periods of history.

“The item in question was sold by a third party vendor. This type of memorabilia is not something I would personally sell or stock. The website is relatively new and I will be looking to implement stricter vetting procedures for third party vendors.”

The item sold was a dagger that dated back to before World War II and features a Swastika on it.

The Apprentice 2023 continues at 9pm on Thursdays, on BBC One and iPlayer. For all the latest reality TV news, gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.