biggest tiktok songs 2022

We’ve worked out 10 of the most popular TikTok songs of 2022, so you don’t have to

Beyoncé and Louis Theroux in one list? This is my Marvel Cinematic Universe

I feel like artists have come a long way this year in terms of perfecting what it means to make a viral hit. It’s not always about tiny soundbites and cringey lyrics – sometimes, a song just needs to be catchy, fun and a little chaotic.

A lot of people have been complaining about the TikTokification of music over the last several months – with some arguing that without the platform, music would be far less repetitive and much more likely to convey real meaning. Honestly? I disagree! I think TikTok is bringing back harmless bops in a big way, and this “I miss *real* music” argument has been around for ages. People will always find an excuse to bash pop, rap and R&B for the sake of it.

We’ve seen a lot of amazing songs reach new levels of fame on TikTok this year – but, ultimately, there can only be 10 most popular of 2022. I’ve carefully determined this by looking at the biggest songs released this year, as well as the number of videos sampling them on TikTok.

So, here are 10 of the most popular TikTok songs of 2022:

10. Betty (Get Money) – Yung Gravy

397.7k videos

Yeah, this song makes me seethe – but it’s bottom of the list, so I’ve had my little tiny revenge.

9. Vegas – Doja Cat

527.8k videos

Thanks to Doja Cat, I’ve had to spend more time than I’d have liked explaining that Elvis wasn’t the first person to sing Hound Dog, actually. Like Lizzo, Doja is pretty incapable of releasing anything that doesn’t bang – good for them!

8. First Class – Jack Harlow

548.6k videos

I mean, yeah. I would’ve loved it a whole lot more if the actual Glamorous by Fergie had a moment, but never mind. I’ll take what I can get.

7. B.O.T.A. (Baddest of them All) – Eliza Rose & Interplanetary Criminal

654.6k videos

This song always makes me think of standing in a lift, in a really glossy building, in the mid-90s. Don’t ask me why, but it gives off strong Sex and the City/Devil Wears Prada vibes. Clearly I’m not the only one who thinks this – with over 500k people editing it in the background of their TikToks.

6. BIZCOCHITO – Rosalía

1.8 million videos

Maybe it’s been overdone, but in its defence, the song IS very addictive! BIZCOCHITO is a necessary evil – that’s the only way I know how to describe it.

5. About Damn Time – Lizzo

1.9 million videos

A gorgeous, catchy toe-tapper more than worthy of a spot in the top five. Frankly, anything Lizzo touches turns to gold looking at the array of viral hits she’s had in the past – and About Damn Time is no exception.

4. Unholy – Sam Smith feat. Kim Petras/Made You Look – Meghan Trainor TIE

2.1 million videos

I really wanted to like Unholy when it came out. I really tried. It didn’t happen – so I think it’s best if I end its commentary here. 

Made You Look is such a harmless, Christmassy tune – and I totally don’t get the hate for Meghan Trainor. She minds her own business, stays in her lane and makes pop songs for teenagers – leave her alone!

3. CUFF IT – Beyoncé

2.2 million videos

I’m Beyoncé’s number one fan – and I don’t mean that in passing. I literally used to have an Instagram fan account called @beyoncengland way back in 2013. However, I’d live a long and happy life if I didn’t have to see another wedding, graduation or crushed-velvet family swaying their hips to the CUFF IT Challenge again. Nile Rodgers didn’t pour his blood, sweat and tears into that bassline just for it to be included in a CHALLENGE.

2. As It Was – Harry Styles

2.6 million videos

Sure, this verified bop may have been inescapable for months – but it somehow managed not to get grating, which is a true achievement.

1. Jiggle Jiggle – Duke & Jones feat. Louis Theroux

6.6 million videos

A song well deserving of the number one spot, if you ask me. Yes, it may have been borne from a random, vaguely-annoying Chicken Shop Date clip, but I’ll take it if it means millions of people around the globe get to hear the dulcet tones of our Louis.