Baby Black Peppa Drag Race UK

Drag Race UK queens have called out BBC for mixing up Baby and Black Peppa in a video

‘It’s honestly lazy and disgusting’

Drag Race UK queens have called out BBC and the Drag Race UK social media team after a video went out that mixed up Baby and Black Peppa, the two black queens in the cast of season four. The official Drag Race UK Twitter has now issued an apology.

In a now deleted video speaking with the last eliminated queen Dakota Schiffer, she was asked who she was closest to in the cast. Dakota replied Starlet, Danny Beard and Baby. When she said Baby’s name, a picture of Black Peppa came up instead.

‘I genuinely hope the person who edited Dakota’s video gets f*cking fired’

Baby responded to the video by tweeting out “I know I’m late to the party but I genuinely hope the person who edited Dakota Schiffer’s farewell video gets f*cking fired. It’s so embarrassing that someone on the Drag Race UK BBC socials team can’t differentiate between the only two black girls on the cast.

“It’s just crazy to me because they would never confuse Danny for Pixie or Dakota for Starlet but, when it comes to the black girls, everyone wants to play deaf, dumb and blind.”

Black Peppa seconded Baby’s tweet, calling the error “lazy and disgusting.” Danny Beard, Baby and Black Peppa’s season four cast sister, also responded sharing their disappointment.

Following Baby, Black Peppa and the fandom calling it out, in an apology statement shared to their Twitter, Drag Race UK said: “We are so deeply sorry about an error that appeared on a BBC social video that was made to support RuPaul’s Drag Race UK. We have sincerely apologised to both Baby and Black Peppa and we also want to extend our heartfelt apologies to anyone else that this post offended.

“As soon as the mistake was spotted, the post in question was removed from all of our platforms. Once again, our sincerest apologies.”

RuPaul’s Drag Race UK season four continues on BBC Three and iPlayer Thursdays at 9pm.Watch the full Meet the Queens here.