Jeffrey Dahmer John Wayne Gacy

Did Jeffrey Dahmer and John Wayne Gacy ever actually meet and what was their connection?

John Wayne Gacy features in the final episode of Monster

Jeffrey Dahmer and John Wayne Gacy both murdered young men and boys and were both in prison at the same time, but did they ever meet and what was their connection beyond this? Both of the serial killers infamously murdered and raped young men. Here’s everything you need to know about the connection between Jeffrey Dahmer and John Wayne Gacy and whether the pair ever had the chance to meet one another.

Did Jeffrey Dahmer ever meet John Wayne Gacy?

John Wayne Gacy was born on 17th March 1942, he was convicted in 1968 for a string of sexual assaults. He was then released in 1970 and faced several sexual assault allegations, eight years after his release 15-year-old Robert Piest went missing. Police were eventually led to Gacy’s home, he was known as the Killer Cown, and then days later they uncovered evidence of many more murders dating all the way back to 1972.

John Wayne Gacy was arrested in 1978 which was the first year Dahmer killed his first victim, Steven Hicks. Then in 1980, John Wayne Gacy was sentenced to death and whilst he was serving his sentence Dahmer was murdering more victims until his arrest in 1991.

Dahmer began his prison sentence in 1992 whilst Gacy was still on death row. In 1994, John Wayne Gacy was executed and Dahmer was incarcerated at Columbia Correctional Institution in Wisconsin. The two never actually met, despite there being a hinted connection in Netflix’s Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story.

Why is John Wayne Gacy in Monst: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story on Netflix?

John Wayne Gacy makes an appearance in the final episode of Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story. His character is shown drugging and killing one of his victims in 19777 and Dahmer is shown watching him in an interview whilst in prison.

In the final episode we also watch Dahmer discuss Gacy with the prison minister and explaining how they are similar and both evil. The last time we watch Gacy on the screen is when his execution is shown at the same time as Dahmer’s baptism. So it’s fair to say the serial killers didn’t share a connection other than being serial killers around the same time.

Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story is now streaming on Netflix. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.