Wait, why isn’t Shake in the Love Is Blind: After the Altar reunion episodes?

He said he wants nothing to do with the show

The three-part Love Is Blind reunion special “After the Altar” dropped on Netflix earlier today and sees the cast of season two of Love Is Blind reunite and show viewers what they’ve been up to since filming ended. But one person who was notably absent from After the Altar was Shake Chatterjee.

Shake was one of the key members of season two, who was meant to marry Deepti but when it came to their wedding day the pair decided not to get married, with Deepti saying she wanted to choose herself and didn’t want to be with someone who wasn’t all there for her. During the reunion things then got very heated between Shake and the rest of the cast. Shake defended his decision to ask the female contestants their size during the pod, said he wasn’t attracted to any of the women on the show, and it was revealed he had been talking disrespectfully about Deepti behind her back.

via Netflix

Given how things ended with Shake and the rest of the Love Is Blind cast in the reunion episode, it’s perhaps unsurprising he hasn’t come back to film the three new episodes, but is there more to it than that? This is everything we know about why Shake wasn’t there:

Why wasn’t Shake in the After the Altar reunion episodes?

Shake gave some insight into why he isn’t in any of the episodes during an interview with TMZ last month. He claimed he had been asked to be on the show and the producers wanted to see him have a one to one chat with Deepti.

He said: “Honestly, they begged me to be on it. They wanted me to speak with Deepti one on one — they wanted to see some kind of reconciliation.”

via Netflix

However, he said he didn’t want to be on the show as he didn’t trust how he would be portrayed.

He said: “I want nothing to do with them, you know? For all I know, I’m gonna go in there and say my piece in earnest and then, you know, Deepti gets up and like storms out or something. I don’t know what they could pull, but I just didn’t trust them.”

Another likely reason he’s not part of the show is because he doesn’t get on with any of his cast mates. Fellow cast member Danielle Ruhl said six months ago Shake had been removed from the cast’s group chat and blocked on all social media platforms.

via Instagram @emw13

The other likely reason is that Shake is now in a new relationship with someone who wasn’t part of the show or any other reality series.

Earlier this year Shake announced he was in a relationship with a woman called Emily Wilson, who co-hosts his podcast ‘Love Is Blurry’ with him.

He said: “Both seasons of Love Is Blind are available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.