tinder swindler celebs go dating

One of The Tinder Swindler’s victims is ‘joining’ the Celebs Go Dating line up

‘Cecilie wants a decent man who won’t take her for a ride’

Cecilie Fjellhøy, one of the victim’s of The Tinder Swindler, is reportedly joining the line up of the next series of E4’s Celebs Go Dating.

Cecilie, who is most well known for her appearance in the Netflix documentary The Tinder Swindler, is said to be looking for love following her relationship with con-man Simon Leviev, in which she gave him thousands of pounds after he claimed his life was in danger.

via Instagram @cecilie_

A source told The Sun Cecilie is joining Celebs Go Dating in the hope of rebuilding trust and finding someone nice.

They said: “Cecilie has joined the Celebs Go Dating line up and will be heading into the agency this month.

“She had a terrible time with Simon and hopes appearing on the show will give her a confidence boost. Cecilie wants a decent man who won’t take her for a ride.

“As well as meeting someone new, she thinks the show will be part of a healing process for her as she learns to trust again.”

via Netflix

The new series of Celebs Go Dating is currently in the process of filming and features a group of celebrities attend the Celebrity Dating Agency, where they are coached by relationship experts Paul Burrows and Anna Williamson and go on dates with normal people.

Whilst the line up has yet to be confirmed, a number of other names have been rumoured. Former Love Islander Laura Anderson is said to be appearing on the show alongside Sinitta and The Apprentice’s Navid Sole.

Earlier this year Cecilie appeared in the Netflix documentary The Tinder Swindler alongside two other victims of Simon Leviev. Cecilie met Simon on Tinder in 2017 where he posed as a wealthy man, and they quickly began a relationship. Simon then asked Cecilie to give him thousands of pounds as he claimed his life was in danger.

However, it was all a scam and Leviev was using Cecilie’s money to pay for his lavish lifestyle in order to entrap his next victim. Since the documentary came out Cecilie has set up a fundraiser in order to get her money back.

The Tinder Swindler is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.