Netflix has new reality show where clueless influencers are sent on harsh survival retreat

It’s all against their will and yes, there’s crying

Netflix has just released new reality show, Snowflake Mountain, where clueless influencers and young people are placed into a savage survival retreat – just for our entertainment, really.

It basically looks like the sort of show that will be right up your street if you enjoy watching other people get put through their paces, with a high probability they will end up crying at some point. Quite intense, but admittedly, I’m listening.

New Netflix reality TV show Snowflake Mountain

via Netflix

Snowflake Mountain takes a ‘clueless kidults’ and puts them in a wilderness survival retreat

Snowflake Mountain is described by Netflix as a funny, warm-hearted reality show which takes a bunch of 10 clueless kidults who aren’t yet living to their full potential and puts them through their paces at a wilderness survival retreat to try and kickstart them into standing on their own two feet.

The back-to-basics camp is a rude awakening to just how pampered their lives have been so far. At stake is a transformative cash prize for the lucky winner. There’s no running water, no parents to wait on them, and, worst of all, no Wi-Fi. But, by connecting to nature, they’ll learn to graduate as fully-functioning adults.

via Netflix

In short, the show puts Gen-Z against the military and doesn’t hold back. In times it’s patronising and demeaning and I think it having the word “snowflake” in the title pretty much gives away that this show isn’t taking itself too seriously.

The competitors on the show are presented as pampered, unprepared and dramatic, and have been dragged into the middle of nowhere, much against their will. Their parents have had enough of them, and have tricked them into turning up for the show. Chaos.

It’s been reviewed as “cringeworthy nonsense”, but that probably just makes everyone want to watch it even more. A Netflix synopsis reads: “Welcome to Snowflake Mountain. A place where ragtag stuck at home snowflakes with zero life skills have to step up to the plate. Built as a wilderness boot camp, our snowflakes will compete to see who has what it takes, competing for a life-changing prize and the chance to kickstart their life and liberate their parents.”

Watch the trailer for Snowflake Mountain on Netflix here:

Snowflake Mountain is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.