TikTok is obsessed with The Summer I Turned Pretty, but what on earth is it about?

The new TV show was renewed for a season two before season one even came out!

The Summer I Turned Pretty dropped on Amazon Prime on Friday 17 June, and everyone has been going crazy for it and has been asking the same question, ‘Are you team Conrad or team Jeremiah?’. The Amazon Prime original is based on the first of three books by Jenny Han, who is also the author behind the To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before book series, and movies on Netflix. The show was given a second series days before it even premiered on Amazon Prime, so it’s definitely worth the watch. So, what is the plot of The Summer I Turned Pretty?

The seven-part series follows the story of Isabel ‘Belly’ Conklin, who winds up in a love triangle between two brothers, Conrad and Jeremiah, who happen to be her longtime family friends. Isabel’s mother’s best friend, Susannah, lives at Cousins Beach with her sons and every summer Isabel and her family go to visit.

Isabel always had a crush on the eldest brother Conrad, and he soon begins to feel the same away, that is until his younger brother, Jeremiah begins to show his interest in Isabel. While all this is going on, the brothers’ mum, Susannah, is battling cancer and decides she does not want to go through treatment. But “one terrible and wonderful summer” changes everything.

Pictured is Belly and Jeremiah from The summer I turned pretty

The synopsis for the book reads: “Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer – they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between.

“But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.”

Well, that’s my weekend plans sorted. All the episodes are currently streaming on Amazon Prime now, what are you waiting for?!

Featured image credit via Instagram @sean.kauf.