Drag Race winners prize money

The winners of Drag Race have finally confessed what they spent the $100k prize money on

Student loan repayments and Versace teddy bears, naturally

Ever wanted to know what the winners of RuPaul’s Drag Race spend their whopping $100,000 on after they win the crown? Well, the queens competing in the first ever all winners season of Drag Race, All Stars 7, have finally announced what they spent their winnings on. Sensible choices? Houses? The entire menu of the Cheesecake Factory and a Versace teddy bear? All of life is here! Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, the cast of Drag Race winners tell all on what they spent their RuPennies prize money on.

Raja

Raja won back in season three, so the prize money for Drag Race winners was $75,000. “I have one thing that’s so special to me, one of the first things I ever bought for myself was a Louis Vuitton duffel bag, and I still have it. It’s my favourite thing, it’s so sentimental to me. At the time it seemed so luxurious to own, but that’s probably the most sentimental thing that I ever used out of the $75,000 that I got.”

Jinkx Monsoon

“The dumbest thing I did with my prize money after season 5, I took a handful of friends out to Cheesecake Factory and we all just went wild. Nothing was off limits: Apps, desserts, fountain drinks. The most meaningful thing I did with my prize money, I mean it was many years later, but I bought a home in Portland, Oregon, which was always my plan. Portlanders who leave Portland are like the Amish on Rumspringa: 90 percent of us end up back there after our drug benders around the world.”

Monét X Change 

“The most meaningful thing I did with my Drag Race winnings was paying off student loans. I know that’s not exciting, that’s not the answer people want to hear, but that’s what I did: I paid off student loans because girl she was severely in the hole with the government.”

Trinity The Tuck

“The most meaningful is definitely my house. It was an investment. I’ve never owned a house, so it’s something that I’ve always wanted: Stability. The most extravagant thing other than my house that I’ve bought is vacations. Going through this, you need a vacation. After I won with Monét, it being a double-crowning, uh, I needed a vacation right then.”

Yvie Oddly

“I think the dumbest thing I spent my prize money on was more drag. Literally. If I won $100,000 with the drag I already had, why would you need any more? You’re good, you did it, you are peak. Just stop there. Never buy another thing. But, the smartest thing I bought with my money is: I put most of it into an investment account, and that has all allowed me to finally start in the process of buying a house this year.”

Jaida Essence Hall

Drag Race winners prize money

“My Versace bear, Gian E. Hall, is my favorite thing that I’ve spent any of my Drag Race money on. It’s kind of ridiculous because it’s a teddy bear that cost $400, and I was questioning about saying that price, but it’s a cute teddy bear and that’s my baby. He has a following of, like, 6,000 followers on Instagram.”

Shea Couleé

Drag Race winners prize money

“I am not in the business of wasting money so I did not spend money on anything stupid, but the most meaningful thing I did with my prize money is I bought a house. Yes, she’s a homeowner now. I feel like I did treat myself, you know what, to Puerto Vallarta with 12 of my best friends. We rented a villa, we pretended like we were filming a Real Housewives vacation, we had a staff, two infinity pools, girl, we were living the absolute life. It was like the best vacation ever taken. Everybody paid, I’m nobody’s sugar mama! Everybody contributed. But it was still a fun trip. Yeah, I paid for my plane ticket and for my lodging. I treated everybody to dinner once.”

The Vivienne

Drag Race winners prize money

Sadly, The Vivienne did not share what she spent her RuPeter Badges and a trip to Hollywood on. Love you, Viv! Let’s hope she gets some coin on All Stars 7!

RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars Series 7 will premiere exclusively on WOW Presents Plus in the UK from Friday 20th May at 8am BST. Fans will be treated to two brand new episodes, as well as new episodes of RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars Untucked. Subscribe to WOW Presents Plus here. For all the latest Drag Race memes and Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.

Recommended stories by this writer:

The 10 worst Drag Race UK episodes of all time, according to IMDb

• The 10 worst RuPaul’s Drag Race episodes of all time, according to IMDb

• The 10 best RuPaul’s Drag Race episodes of all time, according to IMDb