Sex Education casting call for two new trans characters to join the cast of season four on Netflix and how to apply

Sex Education is casting for two new trans characters for season four of the show

They will be called Abbi and Kent and no previous acting experience is necessary!

Sex Education is currently casting for two new trans characters who will be part of the cast of season four of the Netflix show. A casting call has been posted to Twitter saying no previous acting experience is necessary and filming will be taking place between April and November 2022 in Wales.

Krishna Istha, a writer for the show, posted the casting call with the caption: “CASTING CALL for two new trans characters in SEX EDUCATION Season 4 @NetflixUK Trans actors get on it!!! Pls share with pals too!”. 

The first of the two characters will be called Abbi. Abbi is described as: “A young trans woman with a 90s Winona Ryder vibe, who is confident and self-assured in her gender identity. Abbi is the leader of her group and the queen bee of her college – every girl either wants to be like her or be friends with her. She’s sunny, magnetic, generous and loyal. When Abbi came out as a trans woman she was kicked out of the house by her conservative parents. She currently lives with her boyfriend, Kent, whose family are much more accepting. Abbi used to be religious, but had to move away from her faith when it started to damage her sense of self. She still considers herself ‘spiritual’ and attends a secular and inclusive congregation which celebrates community and chosen family.”

The second character is Abbi’s boyfriend, Kent. He is described as: “Trans-masculine, goofy, forgetful and a great listener. He is Abbi’s boyfriend, and they’re the ultimate power couple – they’ve been together for a while and are the epitome of ‘couple goals’, everyone loves them. Kent isn’t as sure about being one of the popular kids as Abbi, but he knows himself and feels quietly confident about his final year at college.”

The casting call goes on to say no acting experience is necessary and the shooting will take place between April and November 2022 in Wales, so applicants will need to be available during this time. Applicants are told to apply ASAP with their name, a headshot, a CV of acting experience if applicable, a bit about themselves and some contact details. Applications are to be sent to [email protected] with the subject “SEX ED 4 CASTING CALL” plus the name of the character the application regards.

Get your applications in and good luck!

Season three of Sex Education is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.