All the music videos you didn’t know feature queens from RuPaul’s Drag Race

Since when was Gigi Goode in a Sam Smith video?

Why would you NOT cast drag queens in your music video? That’s the important question here. The art of drag brings so much visually to the table, and that’s before all the character and attitude from the queens themselves. No wonder so many pop stars have hit up the stars of RuPaul’s Drag Race to shoot them in music videos. Drag Race is a cultural phenomenon, and the queens show exactly why they’re superstars whenever they get cast. But how many of your favourite RuPaul’s Drag Race queens did you know actually starred in a music video?

Bimini, Tayce and A’Whora in Confetti by Little Mix and Saweetie

An easy start because everyone knows this iconic 2021 video. Little Mix smartly got Tayce, A’Whora and Bimini Bon Boulash in the video for Confetti just after the end of Drag Race UK season two. The three queens are so beloved, Little Mix are so beloved and it all just made perfect sense with Little Mix appearing as drag kings in the video.

Ongina in I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas

Season one legend Ongina briefly appears in the music video for the most annoying song on the planet: I Gotta Feeling. She briefly appears during a party scene, and is in good company with the rest of the music video also starring the likes of Katy Perry and the band Gossip.

Willam, Detox and Morgan McMichaels in S&M by Rihanna

Rihanna’s famously kinky masterpiece S&M found its music video being banned left, right and centre – but did you know that Willam, Detox and Morgan McMichaels appear in it? The three absolutely legendary Drag Race queens steal the show in the music video in their fetish looks.

Kim Chi in Me4U by Danny L Harle

Kim Chi is an incredibly high concept and visual drag artist, and her striking looks lend themselves so well to the music of Danny L Harle. Danny is renowned in the world of PC music and hyperpop, for his solo work and production on music by the likes of Charli XCX and Caroline Polachek.

Willam, Alaska and Courtney Act in Power by Little Mix and Stormzy

You know full well that Her Royal Highness Jade Thirlwall made this happen. Jade lives and breathes RuPaul’s Drag Race, and the Power music video is so much fun. Willam, Alaska and Courtney had a trio known as the American Apparel Ad Girls at the time, and all three of them look perfection in the video and KILL IT.

Raja in Fun by Blondie

Raja is forever going to be THEE fashion queen as far as I’m concerned, and she plays an intergalactic goddess like nobody else ever could for Blondie’s song Fun. And whilst we’re here, the song is an underrated banger and you should drop everything and go and listen to it.

Derrick Barry in We Made You by Eminem

As is the norm with Eminem music vides, We Made You features a load of celebrities being parodied. Including Trisha Paytas as Jessica Simpson, bizarrely. One of the celebs is Britney Spears, and who else would be in to play her other than Derrick Barry. Pre Drag Race, post America’s Got Talent.

Literally everyone in You Need To Calm Down by Taylor Swift

Drag Race queens music video

Tatianna stars as Ariana Grande, Trinity The Tuck as Gaga, Delta Work as Adele, Trinity K Bonet as Cardi B, Jade Jolie as Taylor Swift, Adore Delano as Katy Perry and A’Keria Chanel Davenport as Nicki Minaj. Taylor really said I’m making a huge LGBTQ anthem and I’m getting EVERYONE IN!

Valentina in Don’t Go Yet by Camila Cabello

Drag Race queens music video

Camila Cabello’s music video for Don’t Go Yet has one of the most gorgeous Drag Race queens ever in it, Valentina. It’s an explosion of Latin celebration and culture and Camila, Valentina and the rest of the featured artists absolutely kill it. Let’s just stay in a blissful bubble where this is the only thing Camila has released this year as we wipe Cinderella from our memories.

Violet Chachki in All The Rage by Allie X

Violet Chachki and Canadian pop icon Allie X literally look like they could be sisters, and they both slay the house down in Allie’s video for All The Rage. The two are good pals, and Allie has featured on Violet’s iconic 2021 single and video for Mistress Violet.

Gigi Goode and Valentina in I’m Ready by Sam Smith and Demi Lovato

Drag Race queens music video

Sam and Demi got Gigi and Valentina to star in their 2020 music video for I’m Ready – a song and video that seemed to pass many by but is a great celebration of queer culture and gender identity.

Aquaria in Malibu by Kim Petras

Kim Petras really united the queer world in the pandemic last year, with her joyous banger Malibu. The video features cameos from so many icons, including Paris Hilton, Charli XCX, Jonathan Van Ness, Demi Lovato, Pabllo Vittar, Slayyyter, Dorian Electra AND Drag Race season 10 winner Aquaria.

Bimini Bon Boulash in My Head & My Heart by Ava Max

Bimini has the stage all to themselves in this incredible performance video for Ava Max’s 10/10 banger My Head & My Heart. Bimini just does what Bimini does best tbh, and slays the HELL out of it.

Recommended stories by this writer:

• Victoria Scone and Veronica Green break silence on their shock Drag Race UK exits

• Elektra Fence tells all about THAT lip sync and her Drag Race UK journey

• We spoke to Drag Race UK’s Anubis about her early exit and if there’s a ‘Brighton curse’