married at first sight uk cast

It’s back with a twist! Meet the saucy cast of Married At First Sight UK

One of them is mates with a bunch of ex Love Islanders

Married at First Sight UK is officially back and this time it’s returning with a brand new twist to match the chaotic and explosive Australian version. The cast of Married at First Sight UK has just been announced and it includes a bunch of personal trainers, an influencer and a firefighter.

The new series will feature the first ever gay couple on the show meaning there are seven women and nine men competing in the show.

This time around the show will follow the Australian format and will follow the eight couples from the first moment they meet at the altar. They will then go on honeymoons and then move in with their partners and fellow contestants. Each week will see a dinner party scene where the couples will decide whether to stay together or not.

There is currently no start for the E4 show but it is expected to be coming soon, so in the mean time, this is everything you need to know about the Married at First Sight UK cast:

Tayah

via Instagram @tayahvictoria

Tayah is 25 years old and works as an estate agent in Hertfordshire. She is looking for a confident man who will look good standing next to her.

Tayah is looking to have a family soon as she has always wanted to be a “young mum” and wants to have a man she can look after as well.

She said: “I’ve always wanted to get married and wanted kids. I’ve always wanted to be a young mum. My end goal is to have that family and have that family unit. So that would be an ideal situation to come from this.”

Joshua

via Instagram @joshuachristie_

Joshua is 26 years old and lives in West London where he works in insurance. Joshua is already pretty big on Instagram thanks to playing as part of the Jamaica rugby sevens team. He’s been described as ambitious, competitive and driven.

The ideal partner for Joshua would be someone who balances work and social life and who will put him in his place.

Joshua appears to have always been open to getting married, “marriage has always been on my cards, but I could never see myself getting on one knee, so this is a fast track! Sometimes I need to be kicked into the deep end so for me this is the start of a new chapter,” he said.

Alexis

via Instagram @alexiseconomoux

Alexis is 28 years old and works as a model in London. She’s been single for the last two years as she wanted to work on herself but she’s now ready to find a man who she hopes will be her last.

Alexis is looking for a man who is family orientated, ambitious and well educated. She also wants him to be in touch with emotions, but most importantly she wants her dream man to also be her best friend.

She said she joined the show because she wants to “find someone genuine and someone who wants commitment”.

Luke

via Instagram @luke.dawson1010

Luke is 36 years old and lives in Cardiff where he works as a children’s home manager AND a firefighter. Now that is impressive.

He’s spent the last year healing from the pain of his most recent breakup and is now ready to meet the love of his life.

Luke thinks Married At First Sight will give him a good chance at meeting someone because they’ll already have stuff in common.

He said: “I already have more in common with this person than I would do meeting them on dating apps or in the pub. Because they’ve done the same thing, they must be in a similar circumstance to me.”

Morag

via Instagram @morag_moo

Next up is Morag who is 31 years old and works as a veterinary nurse in Essex. Morag spent most of her childhood in between Ibiza and Essex with her father.

She was living in Australia until she had to travel back to look after her father who sadly died. Morag now really wants a man who will embrace her and be committed, but she’s not interested in settling down.

Morag still wants to party and be with someone adventurous. She’s looking to rely on the experts to help her “open up” and find someone as she has “high expectations”.

Jordan

via Channel 4

Jordan is a personal trainer from Cardiff and he is 27 years old. He’s been called a “gentle and positive soul” who strongly believes in God and spirituality.

Jordan is looking to bring someone home to his grandmother and wants to learn more about himself in the Married At First Sight process.

He said: “My happily ever after would be to learn stuff about myself that I didn’t know before. I want to become stronger as a person and to obviously walk away with a partner and with some new friends.”

Nikita

via Instagram @nikita_jasmine

Nikita is 26 years old from County Durham and she works in sales. She appears to be friends with a lot of reality stars including Love Island’s Rebecca Gormley and Anna Vakili and Geordie Shore’s Chloe Ferry.

Nikita says she wears her heart on her sleeve and has already planned her wedding and children’s names.

She’s hoping to fall in love with someone with great banter, “Ideally, we all want our Prince Charming who we are going to be with until the day we die. I just think that if I meet someone who blows me away and we’re on the same wavelength and have proper banter it will be great,” she said.

Matt

via Instagram @matt_d_jameson

Matt is one of the eldest contestants of the Married At First Sight UK cast at 39 years old. He’s a charity worker from West Yorkshire and has just recovered from a messy breakup and is in search of the one.

During his spare time Matt sings in a choir and was once in a Take That tribute band. Now he’s looking to settle down and start a family.

Matt said: “The reason I’ve come onto the show is because I’m really wanting to meet that special person that I can start building a life with and have a family. I’m really excited.”

Marilyse

Marilyse is another personal trainer to add to the Married at First Sight UK cast. She is from Yorkshire and is 36 years old.

Marilyse is the mother of two sons whose approval her future husband will need to get. She’s looking for an old fashioned gentleman who is strong minded and will be her best friend.

She’s hoping to get to the end and “still be with the guy. That is what I want to happen and what I expect to happen. I will be a bit disappointed if it doesn’t happen, but we’ll have to wait and see.”

Franky

via Instagram @fitcoachfranky

Franky is the eldest member of the cast at 47 years old. He currently lives in Dubai where he works as a personal trainer.

Previously he was part of the military for 15 years and is now a “dominant leader” who tells people exactly what he thinks.

Franky signed up for the show as he loves a challenge and “Married At First Sight UK is a bloody big challenge.”

Amy

via Instagram @thatsportsspice

Amy is 34 years old and lives in Cornwall where she was raised by her parents and grandmother. Amy now works as a sports journalist and influencer but before that she had a 10 year glamour modelling career.

She works as football columnist for the Mirror and has presented horse racing on Race Day TV. Her favourite football team is Chelsea FC. Let’s hope her dream man supports them too.

Amy joined the Married At First Sight UK cast to let her guard down, “either I’m going to find the love of my life or I’m going to learn a really big lesson from it, which might lead me to the love of my life,” she said.

Robert

via Instagram @robertvoysey

Robert or “Big Rob” as he’s known to his mates is 26 years old and works as a business protection specialist in Dorset.

Rob loves to have fun and is looking to find someone with a big personality to match his. He said he’s looking for someone “who wants to go out and do things. Someone who is on my wavelength with how I look at life.”

Megan

via Instagram @meganwolfeinsta

Megan is 26 years old, living in Stoke and working as a wellness coach and actress. Through her work as a wellness coach she helps young people with their mental health which she has experience of due to her own grief of losing her father when she was eight years old.

She’s described her perfect man as someone who is kind, polite, ambitious and confident. Megan wants him to “light up”  a room but has described her usual taste as terrible.

Megan said: “My dating history is horrendous, I have terrible taste. Of course, it is a good option to get someone to do it for me. It just felt like an opportunity I couldn’t miss. Each step of the way has felt more and more right.”

Daniel

via Instagram @danielmckeee

Daniel is 27 years old and works in sales in Northern Ireland. He’s looking for someone who share his hobbies of hiking, meditation and cold water swims. Oh and it would also be helpful if they were a vegetarian too.

Daniel appears to be looking forward to getting plenty of advice from the expert as he said: “Married At First Sight UK is a big experience and quite nerve-racking in many ways, however, it is something that will allow me to shift my pattern in terms of relationships and it is a blessing to have the professional and scientific advice that will help me.”

Ant

via Instagram @antpoole_

Ant is 28 years old and lives in Manchester where he works in business development. He’s been described as a “social butterfly” who knows just how good looking he is.

Ant is hoping the show will help him to open up more and be a good guy for the person he’s matched with. He’s optimistic about the process and thinks even if it doesn’t work out he’ll still have made friends.

He said: “The best that could happen is that the experts find me a match and it works out perfectly and find our happily ever after. The worst case is it doesn’t work out and I make some new friends and I learn a bit about myself as a person.”

Adam

via Instagram @adamaveling

Adam is 26 years old and lives in Doncaster where he works as an electrician and when he’s not busy doing that he’s competing as a fitness model.

He is looking for someone who is naturally pretty and has nice eyes. His ideal partner would be someone who is ambitious, positive and spontaneous.

Adam loves a challenge and this is part of the reason he signed up to the show. He said: “I’m forcing myself into the situation where I have to be with someone – I’m only going to take positives from it. Hopefully, I’ll find the right one.”