This is where you recognise the cast of The Pembrokeshire Murders from

Lily Allen’s dad is in it

ITV’s new true crime drama The Pembrokeshire Murders starts tonight, and there’s a few faces in The Pembrokeshire Murders cast that you’re bound to recognise. Luke Evans plays Detective Superintendent Steve Wilkins, and alongside him in the cast is a well known face from Game of Thrones and Lily Allen’s dad, Keith Allen.

The Pembrokeshire Murders is the true story of Welsh serial killer John Cooper, whose crimes were unsolved until new DNA technology allowed the cases to be reopened in 2006, leading to his capture. Also known by some as the Coastal Path murders, Cooper was finally charged for the brutal murder of four individuals over 20 years after he committed the crimes.

Here’s where you recognise The Pembrokeshire Murders cast from: 

Detective Superintendent Steve Wilkins – Luke Evans

Luke Evans has an eclectic CV – you might recognise him from the West End where he’s been in productions of Miss Saigon and Rent, or, like me, you might just recognise him from being a regular on The One Show.

The Pembrokeshire Murders cast

But not only that, Luke Evans played Gaston in Beauty and the Beast and Owen Shaw in the Fast & Furious franchise. He was in the The Hobbit, The Girl on the Train, and The Three Musketeers. The list, literally, goes on.

John Cooper – Keith Allen

It’s Lily Allen’s dad! Okay now that’s out the way, you can remind yourself where you recognise him from. Keith Allen plays a major character in The Pembrokeshire Murders cast, playing the killer John Cooper.

Keith Allen has appeared in plenty of films, including Trainspotting, Kingsman: The Golden Circle and Eddie the Eagle. He’s also got some big TV credentials, including Death in Paradise and Marcella.

Pat Cooper – Caroline Berry

The Pembrokeshire Murders cast

Caroline Berry plays John Cooper’s wife Pat Cooper. Caroline Berry has acted in Coronation Street as Valerie Phelan, and is also appearing in Russell T Davies’ new series It’s A Sin coming soon to Channel 4, where she plays a doctor.

Gerard Elias – Owen Teale

The Pembrokeshire Murders cast member playing Gerard Elias is Owen Teale. Gerard Elias is the prosecutor when John Cooper is in court for the murders of the four individuals he killed.

The Pembrokeshire Murders cast

You will probably know Owen Teale from his role as Alliser Thorne in Game of Thrones, where he was responsible for recruiting new members of the Night’s Watch (never forget when he turned against Jon Snow and then was later on executed for it).

The Pembrokeshire Murders cast

He also played massive snake Chief Inspector Philip Osborne in Line of Duty series one, where he demanded the counter terrorism unit lie in court about what happened during a failed terrorism raid.

Detective Inspector Ella Richards – Alexandria Riley 

Welsh actress Alexandria Riley plays DI Ella Richards in The Pembrokeshire Murders cast. Alexandria has been in Torchwood, BBC Three comedy series In My Skin, and Netflix’s The End of the F***ing World, where she played Leigh.

Jonathan Hill – David Fynn

David Fynn plays ITV news journalist Jonathan Hill. Jonathan Hill played a crucial part in helping the police bring John Cooper to justice, aiding DSI Wilkins in his investigation. After John Cooper was sentenced, Hill and Wilkins wrote a book together called The Pembrokeshire Murders: Catching the Bullseye Killer, which is what the series is based on.

David Fynn’s TV CV goes on forever, but you will best know him as playing Wolfie in The Inbetweeners – the mechanic who gives Will hell when he’s in on work experience, resulting in Will being thrown into the lake in his pants.

Andrew Cooper – Oliver Ryan  

Oliver Ryan plays Andrew Cooper, John Cooper’s son. The pair have a troubled relationship, with John Cooper often trying to implicate Andrew as the murderer. Oliver Ryan has been in Hinterland, and will also have a role in the new sci-fi film Dune, alongside Zendaya and Timothée Chalamet.

Jack Wilkins – Steffan Cennydd

The Pembrokeshire Murders cast

Steffan plays DSI Wilkins’ son Jack in The Pembrokeshire Murders cast. He’s had roles in Welsh dramas Hidden, and Enid a Lucy. He’s currently got 768 followers on his Instagram.

The Pembrokeshire Murders starts tonight on ITV at 9pm.