All the stunning real life Paris filming locations from Emily In Paris on Netflix

Gabriel’s restaurant is real so I’ll just be booking a table every night

Have you ever watched a Netflix show that has made you want to up sticks and move there? Emily In Paris is probably one of those shows – because the filming locations are nothing short of beautiful. I mean, it is set in Paris (obvs) – which helps a lot.

The series sees Emily Cooper move to Paris to take a job at a marketing firm. She’s handed the keys to an apartment in the centre of Paris and is constantly going to fancy events, cute bistros and mingling with the locals – despite her distinct lack of cultural knowledge.

Here are all the gorgeous Paris filming locations used in Netflix series Emily In Paris. Brb, just packing my suitcase.

Emily’s apartment

Emily In Paris, filming locations, where, filmed, set, real life, Paris, Netflix, series, show, flat, apartment

via Netflix

Emily moves into a fifth (or maybe sixth) floor apartment in Paris. Atlas of Wonders found her flat as being located at 1 Place de l’Estrapade. This is right in the centre of Paris, in the city’s Latin quarter. It’s right down the street from from the Sorbonne University.

The interiors of Emily’s apartment were shot in a studio.

via Google Maps

The office

Emily In Paris, filming locations, where, filmed, set, real life, Paris, Netflix, series, show, office, Savoir, Galerie Patrick Fourtin

via Netflix

The reason Emily moved to Paris is to work for luxury marketing company, Savoir. The office is shown in lots of episodes and is seen as being next door to Galerie Patrick Fourtin. This is real and is an antiques store situated in Place de Valois. In this small square there are a couple of restaurants and luxury hotels. It’s right by the Louvre museum.

Galerie Patrick Fourtin, Savoir, office, shop

via Google Maps

Gabriel’s restaurant

Emily In Paris, filming locations, where, filmed, set, real life, Paris, Netflix, series, show, Les Deux Compères, restaurant, Gabriel

via Netflix

If you’re thinking of heading to Paris just to try out Gabriel’s restaurant (same) then you’re in luck, because yes it is real. In the series it’s called Les Deux Compères which translates to “the two friends”.

Emily In Paris, filming locations, where, filmed, set, real life, Paris, Netflix, series, show, Gabriel, restaurant, Terra Nera

via Google Maps

In real life, the restaurant is just opposite the apartment block building where Emily and Gabriel live, and the restaurant is a little Italian bistro called Terra Nera. The address is 18 Rue des Fossés Saint-Jacques and the restaurant scores four stars on Trip Advisor. 

The pastry shop Emily visits

Emily In Paris, filming locations, where, filmed, set, real life, Paris, Netflix, series, show

via Netflix

Literally just next door to Gabriel’s restaurant in real life is the pastry shop where Emily picks up a pain au chocolat and goes back and takes a selfie with the woman who works there. This is called the same thing in the show and in real life, La Boulangerie Moderne.

The pastry shop was a regular spot out of the filming locations for Emily In Paris, with Emily seen going there and walking past it in lots of episodes.

La Boulangerie Moderne, Paris, pastry, shop

via Google Maps

The restaurant Luc and Emily go to

Emily In Paris, filming locations, where, filmed, set, real life, Paris, Netflix, series, show, Le Flore en l'Île

via Netflix

In the first episode, Emily and Luc go to waterfront restaurant, Le Flore en l’Île. This restaurant is real, and the name is the same in real life too. It’s described as a French gastropub and is just a short walk over the bridge to the Notre-Dame cathedral.

Le Flore en l'Île, Paris

via Google Maps

Atelier des Lumières –  where Emily, Gabriel and Camille sit

Emily In Paris, filming locations, where, filmed, set, real life, Paris, Netflix, series, show, Atelier des Lumières

via Netflix

Later on we see Emily, Cami and Gabriel visit Atelier des Lumières together. This is a popular tourist attraction in Paris, a unique art centre presenting classic pieces in immersive music and video-accompanied exhibitions.

Atelier des Lumières

via Google Maps

Atelier des Lumières

via Google Maps

Where Emily sets up the bed for the sleep under the stars campaign

Emily In Paris, filming locations, where, filmed, set, real life, Paris, Netflix, series, show,

via Netflix

In episode five, Emily sets up a marketing campaign for Swedish luxury mattress company Hästens, where she sets up a bed outside and invites people to sleep under the stars together. The bed is set up in Montmartre at the bottom of a picturesque street. The scene was filmed at Place Dalida, at the intersection of rue Girardon and rue de l’Abreuvoir. The area is known for its cute cobbled streets and bistros.

Place Dalida

via Google Maps

The influencer lunch event

Emily In Paris, filming locations, where, filmed, set, real life, Paris, Netflix, series, show, influencer, lunch, event

via Netflix

We see Emily head to an influencer lunch event during Paris Fashion Week. It takes place in a building overlooking the Place Vendôme neighbourhood in Paris. The column we can see in the background over the balcony is the historic landmark, Colonne Vendôme.

Place Vendôme, Colonne Vendôme

via Google Maps

The Opera venue

Emily In Paris, filming locations, where, filmed, set, real life, Paris, Netflix, series, show, Opera, Palais Garnier Opera House

via Netflix

In episode six, Emily goes to see Swan Lake after seeing that Pierre Cadault is in charge of the costumes. This takes place at the stunning Palais Garnier Opera House in Paris, known for its grand staircase as well as becoming one of the most famous opera houses in the world. It is situated at Place de l’Opéra in the 9th arrondissement of Paris.

Palais Garnier Opera House

via Google Maps

The hotel Brooklyn stays at

Emily In Paris, filming locations, where, filmed, set, real life, Paris, Netflix, series, show, hotel, Brooklyn, Hôtel Plaza Athénée

via Netflix

In episode seven, Emily is tasked with looking after movie star Brooklyn. Brooklyn is seen staying at a luxury hotel, which Atlas of Wonders has found is Hôtel Plaza Athénée. The exact room she was staying in is its Haute Couture Eiffel Suite, famous for its views of the Eiffel Tower.

The suite is described as “the epitome of Parisian glamour”, has a king-sized bed and marble en-suite, a mini bar, flat screen TV and it comes with an iPad and bottle of champagne, of course.

Camille’s family home in Champagne

Emily In Paris, filming locations, where, filmed, set, real life, Paris, Netflix, series, show, Camille, family, home, Champagne, Château de Sonnay, Chateau de Lalisse

via Netflix

In the eighth episode, Camille takes Gabriel and Emily to her family home in the countryside in Champagne. On the show they call it the Chateau de Lalisse but, in an interview with Architectural Digest, the shows’s production designer Anne Seibel said:  “We filmed at the Château de Sonnay in Cravant-les-Côteaux near Chinon. It belongs to a friend of mine, Frédéric de Foucaud, and the producers fell in love with it.”

It’s a real life vineyard and you can buy wine from there.

Season one of Emily In Paris is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.