Enola Holmes: This is where you recognise the cast from Netflix’s new Sherlock film

Will Eleven, Superman and Bellatrix be able to get along?!

Sherlock Holmes has always been massively successful, whether it’s the Sherlock TV show starring Benedict Cumberbatch or the Sherlock Holmes film series with Robert Downey Jr. Now there’s a new film adaptation by Netflix called Enola Holmes with Sherlock Holmes’ sister as the main character.

The film has just dropped on Netflix and oh boy is it one hell of a cast. From stars of Stranger Things and The Hunger Games to Superman himself, here’s who’s who in Enola Holmes and the many many places you recognise this all-star Enola Holmes cast from.

Warning: Some Enola Holmes spoilers ahead

Millie Bobby Brown – Enola Holmes

enola holmes cast

Millie as Enola, Image via Netflix

If you don’t know who Millie Bobby Brown is then all I can say is where have you been for the past four years?

Millie is playing the lead role out of the Enola Holmes cast and she’s also a producer on the film.

enola holmes cast

Eleven in Stranger Things

Her big break was playing Eleven in Stranger Things in 2016 and is now a global celebrity. Since then she has also starred in Godzilla: King of the Monsters and had a cameo in Maroon 5’s Girls Like You music video.

Henry Cavill – Sherlock Holmes

enola holmes cast

Henry Cavill as Sherlock Holmes

Again, if you don’t know who Henry Cavill is by now I honestly don’t know what to tell you. He plays Sherlock Holmes in the film so will have to live up to Benedict Cumberbatch and Robert Downey Jr.’s success but I’m sure he can manage it with his extensive acting experience.

He’s famous for being Superman, one of the biggest film roles ever, in the Man of Steel/Superman/Justice League franchise.

enola holmes cast

Superman in Man of Steel

He also had a lead role in spy films Mission: Impossible – Fallout and The Man from U.N.C.L.E. His most recent venture was as Gerald of Rivia in The Witcher on Netflix.

Sam Claflin – Mycroft Holmes

enola holmes cast

Sam Claflin as Mycroft Holmes

Sam Claflin plays Mycroft Holmes, Enola and Sherlock’s brother in this film and he’s been in too many films to count.

enola holmes cast

Finnick Odair in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

You’re most likely to recognise him from his role as Finnick Odair in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Mockingjay. If not he was also in the Snow White and the Huntsman series, Pirates of the Caribbean and Charlie’s Angels. Sam Claflin is also a familiar romantic lead and has appeared in Love Wedding Repeat, Me Before You, and Love, Rosie.

Helena Bonham Carter – Mrs. Holmes

enola holmes cast

Helena Bonham Carter as Mrs. Holmes

Helena Bonham Carter is arguably one of the greatest British actresses and she fills the role of Mrs. Holmes, Enola, Sherlock and Mycroft’s mother.

She’s been in so many films, plays and TV shows that her filmography has its own Wikipedia page and you could recognise her from literally anywhere.

Bellatrix Lestrange in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

If I had to pick, I would say her biggest role was that of Bellatrix Lestrange in Harry Potter and most recently she was on your screen as Princess Margaret in Netflix’s The Crown. Honourable mentions go to her roles in Alice in Wonderland, The King’s Speech, Great Expectations, Les Misérables, Cinderella and Ocean’s 8.

Louis Partridge – Tewkesbury

Tewkesbury

Louis Partridge plays Viscount Tewkesbury, Enola’s friend. He’s listed on the credits of Paddington 2, but according to his Instagram his scene was cut from the film. Louis played young Henry Bates in the film Amazon Adventure, and was in Netflix drama Medici. He also plays Peter Pan in The Lost Girls, which is coming out next year.

Fiona Shaw – Miss Harrison

enola holmes cast

Fiona Shaw in the film

Fiona Shaw plays Miss Harrison, the woman who runs the finishing school Mycroft wants to send Enola to.

Carolyn Martens in Killing Eve

Fiona Shaw is very well known as Petunia Dursley in Harry Potter. She was also Carolyn Martens, the mysterious MI6 boss in Killing Eve.

Susie Wokoma – Edith

enola holmes cast

Susie Wokoma in the film

Susie Wokoma plays Edith, the jiu jitsu instructor.

Jessica in Crashing

Susie’s mainly starred in British TV shows such as Chewing Gum, Crazyhead and Truth Seekers and she was Jessica in Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s comedy-drama Crashing which recently landed on Netflix.

Burn Gorman – Linthorn

Linthorn

Burn Gorman plays Linthorn, sent to track down Tewkesbury.

The Marshal in Man in the Highcastle

He has had parts in Torchwood, Game of Thrones, Pacific Rim and was The Marshal in  The Man in the Highcastle.

Adeel Akhtar – Inspector Lestrade

enola holmes cast

Adeel Akhtar in the film

Adeel Akhtar plays Lestrade, the inspector Mycroft employs to find Enola.

Monsieur Thénardier in Les Misérables

Adeel is a British actor best known for winning a BAFTA in 2017 for the BBC drama Murdered by My Father. He was also Rob Singhal in The Night Manager and Monsieur Thénardier in the Les Misérables TV series.

Frances de la Tour – The Dowager

The Dowager

Frances de la Tour plays The Dowager, Tewkesbury’s grandmother – and honestly, she’s been in everything. You definitely recognise her from playing Madame Maxime in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Frances also played Alice’s Aunt Imogene in Alice in Wonderland.

Featured image via Netflix