These are the celebs attending the Black Lives Matter protests

You need to hear John Boyega’s speech

Following the tragic death of George Floyd, protests have taken place across all 50 states in the US as well as the UK, Europe, Canada and New Zealand.

The protests have seen millions march in the name of justice for the death of George Floyd and the Black Lives Matter movement. Amongst the protestors are a bunch of celebs who are sharing pictures and videos of the protests to raise awareness and show their support for this important moment in history.

Some of the celebs have said impassioned speeches like Keke Palmer, been arrested like Cole Sprouse, applied medical attention which Halsey has done or simply joined the protests and held Black Lives Matter signs.

These are all the celebrities joining in the Black Lives Matter protests:

John Boyega

John Boyega joined the thousands protesting in Hyde Park today and gave an incredibly moving speech.

He said: “Black lives have always mattered. We have always been important. We have always meant something. We have always succeeded regardless. And now is the time. I ain’t waiting…We are a physical representation of our support for George Floyd. We are a physical representation of our support for Sandra Bland. We are a physical representation of our support for Trayvon Martin. We are a physical representation of our support for Stephen Lawrence.

“I’m speaking to you from my heart. Look, I don’t know if I’m going to have a career after this, but fuck that.

“Today is about innocent people who were halfway through their process, we don’t know what George Floyd could have achieved, we don’t know what Sandra Bland could have achieved, but today we’re going to make sure that won’t be an alien thought to our young ones.”

Keke Palmer

A video of Keke Palmer talking to the National Guard has gone viral for her inspiring speech that ended with members of the National Guard kneeling to show solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement.

Keke was attending a protest in LA during the moment she spoke to the National Guard.

Ariana Grande

Ariana attended the protest in West Hollywood and Beverly Hills on 31st May. She shared pictures on her Twitter and wrote how the protest she attended was a peaceful one with a retweet of Tinashe’s tweet saying: “THE MEDIA DONT WANT YOU TO SEE THE PEACEFUL PROTESTS”.

Ariana was seen holding a Black Lives Matter sign and wearing a coronavirus mask.

Tinashe

Tinashe attended a protest in LA and held a sign with Black Lives Matter. Tinashe has been very vocal on Twitter during the Black Lives Matter movement and asked Lana Del Rey to take down identifying photos of protestors from her Instagram.

View this post on Instagram

Show up.

A post shared by Nashe if ur Nasty (@tinashenow) on

Tinashe also used her Instagram to show off the peaceful protests happening in LA including a sit in and many protestors taking the knee.

Kelahni

Kelahni also attended a protest in LA over the weekend and shared black and white photos to her Instagram.

She captioned the images that featured a police car: “LIVE. NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE. LOS ANGELES MAY 30TH 2020. RESPECT EXISTENCE OR EXPECT RESISTANCE. #BLACKLIVESMATTER OUTSIDE INSIDE TODAY YESTERDAY TOMORROW AND FOREVER. POWER TO THE PEOPLE.”

Harry Styles

Of course our guy Harry Styles was out there protesting. Harry attended a protest in LA and held a Black Lives Matter sign.

Harry said on Instagram he will donating money for the bail of arrested protest organisers.

Jedward

Not who you were expecting but Jedward got very vocal at a protest. One of them (I don’t know which, they’re twins – it’s hard to tell them apart) was stood on a car and shouting “No justice! No peace!”.

Jedward were attending the protest in West Hollywood and shared many videos of themselves at the protests.

Timothée Chalamet

Timothée attended a protest in Santa Monica yesterday, he shared a video of the crowd on his Instagram story.

Timotheé held a sign which had the names of George Floyd, Trayvon Martin, Breonna Taylor and other victims of police brutality. He also shared on his Instagram story people chanting “kneel with us” and the police about to tear gas protestors.

Cole Sprouse

Cole Sprouse was arrested with a number of other protestors when attending a protest in Santa Monica. Cole posted about the experience on his Instagram and said he did not want to turn the narrative into something about him.

He said that as a white straight male the consequences of his arrest will be nothing in comparison to others who are also arrested.

View this post on Instagram

A group of peaceful protesters, myself included, were arrested yesterday in Santa Monica. So before the voracious horde of media sensationalism decides to somehow turn it about me, there’s a clear need to speak about the circumstances: Black Lives Matter. Peace, riots, looting, are an absolutely legitimate form of protest. the media is by nature only going to show the most sensational, which only proves a long standing racist agenda. I was detained when standing in solidarity, as were many of the final vanguard within Santa Monica. We were given the option to leave, and were informed that if we did not retreat, we would be arrested. When many did turn to leave, we found another line of police officers blocking our route, at which point, they started zip tying us. It needs to be stated that as a straight white man, and a public figure, the institutional consequences of my detainment are nothing in comparison to others within the movement. This is ABSOLUTELY not a narrative about me, and I hope the media doesn’t make it such. This is, and will be, a time about standing ground near others as a situation escalates, providing educated support, demonstrating and doing the right thing. This is precisely the time to contemplate what it means to stand as an ally. I hope others in my position do as well. I noticed that there are cameras that roll within the police cruisers during the entirety of our detainment, hope it helps. I’ll speak no more on the subject, as I’m (1) not well versed enough to do so, (2) not the subject of the movement, and (3) uninterested in drawing attention away from the leaders of the #BLM movement. I will be, again, posting the link in my story to a comprehensive document for donations and support.

A post shared by Cole Sprouse (@colesprouse) on

Cole said: “It needs to be stated that as a straight white man, and a public figure, the institutional consequences of my detainment are nothing in comparison to others within the movement.

“This is, and will be, a time about standing ground near others as a situation escalates, providing educated support, demonstrating and doing the right thing.”

Luke T and Siânnise

The only Love Island couple from the latest series we care about joined in the London protest over the weekend. They both shared videos of the protest to their Instagram story.

Luke T shared a picture of him and Siânnise at the protest, captioning it: “We stand for what we believe in. Change petition is in the link in my bio – 10.4 million signatures and counting – keep signing, keep sharing, keep speaking.”

Dave

Dave also took part in the London protests on the weekend. He shared pictures on his Instagram of himself and other protesters.

View this post on Instagram

#blacklivesmatter

A post shared by SANTAN (@santandave) on

Miguel

Miguel attended a protest in LA on the weekend. He shared a black and white video of protestors marching.

He also made a later post on Instagram in note form saying how good it felt to have been part of the protest and “stand in solidarity”.

Halsey

Halsey shared a lot of pictures and videos on her Instagram. She said she wanted to show even though people were protesting peacefully the police were still advancing and shooting rubber bullets.

View this post on Instagram

It’s become very clear to me that some of you need to see what I’ve seen. Please swipe through this. These pictures and videos don’t even scratch the surface. It’s easy from the comfort of your home to watch looting and rioting on television and condone the violent measures being taken by forces. But what you don’t see is innocent peaceful protestors being shot at and tear gassed and physically assaulted relentlessly. You think it’s not happening, it’s only the “thugs” and the “riots”, right? The police are keeping you safe right? You’re wrong. This is happening everywhere. And innocent people exercising their rights to speech and assembly are facing violence and abuse of power. With all of our medical professionals being CONSUMED and EXHAUSTED with Covid, there is little to no medical attention available. I have first hand treated men women and children who have been shot in the chest, the face, the back. Some will lose vision some have lost fingers. I have been covered in innocent blood. My father is a black man. My mother is an EMT. This week I had to put those two associations together in ways that have horrified me. This is NOT a virtue signaling post. But I HAVE to show you what I am witnessing with my own eyes. With Trump’s decision today to enforce the mobilization of armed forces on our own citizens, this has escalated beyond your privilege and comfort to not care. Please care. We are begging you to care. This is war on Americans. This is everyone’s problem. Everyone’s. #BLACKLIVESMATTER

A post shared by halsey (@iamhalsey) on

She said how she had treated people for injuries and met people who will lose their sight and fingers as a result of what is happening in the protests. Halsey also brought a medical kit with her and was bandaging people up.

Jade Thirwall

Jade from Little Mix took part in the protests in London on the weekend. A video was uploaded which saw the back of Jade holding up a sign and marching along with other protestors through London.

How to donate and support the Black Lives Matter movement:

Sign the Justice for George Floyd petition here.

To donate to the official George Floyd Memorial Fund to support his family with funeral costs click here.

To sign the Black Lives Matter “Defund the Police” petition sign here.

To donate to the Bail Out Project click here.