Image may contain: Sink, Oven, Electrical Device, Appliance, Pitcher, Jug, Trophy, Shelf, Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora, Person, People, Human

Bye Wellness Witch! Deliciously Ella is forced to close restaurants after her business loses £724,000

Maybe people are finally realising ‘clean-eating’ is not an actual thing

Ella Mills, more famously known as Deliciously Ella, has closed two of her three London restaurants, after it was revealed that her business has suffered £724,000 in losses.

Deliciously Ella is one of the food bloggers who was called out for creating the Instagrammable "clean-eating" movement, which aimed to improve people's "wellness." The belief was that people should eat simple, "real" foods, which are unprocessed. But many people saw through it and criticised the idea that food which isn't "clean" is somehow dirty.

She's the one you've probably seen on Instagram, making cacao balls on and selling them individually for £1.99 in supermarkets across the country. Her mother, Camilla Sainsbury is the current Sainsbury's supermarket heiress.

Her restaurants in Herne Hill and Seymour Place stock her products, such as the Deliciously Ella Nutty granola, Bircher Muesli and Energy Balls. Their closure may be indicative of the fact that people are starting to see through the "clean-eating" bullshit and don't have an appetite for these products anymore.

Ella's deli restaurant business is separate from her book sales. It's also separate from the goods and services sold under her name.

She announced this news to her 1.2 million followers on Instagram, by posting a photo of one of the restaurants and stating it would make sense to close two of her delis to focus her attention on one.

Her full statement read: "Tomorrow we’re going to be saying goodbye to our deli at Seymour Place and Herne Hill. Seymour was Matt and my first venture together and we learnt more opening that site than we ever thought possible. It’s been a huge piece of our journey, and it’s filled with many great memories.

"It really feels like a million years ago that we sat downstairs the night before opening unpacking the final boxes and panicking if anyone would ever come. Somehow lots of you did, and we realised very quickly that we needed a larger space, which is what led us to Weighhouse Street, just 5 minutes down the road.

"We love our cosy spot on Seymour Place and all of our regulars, but as time’s gone on it has become clear that having two delis so close together doesn’t really make sense, and that we’d be better off focusing all of our attention on one deli (Weighhouse Street) and making it the absolute best experience for all of you.

"We’re so excited that we’ve been able to reach more of you by having our energy balls, granolas, bircher muesli and oat bars stocked in lots of shops throughout the UK, and we have lots of exciting plans for new food ranges throughout this year.

"We’re really going to miss Seymour and Herne Hill and both will always have such a special place in the Deliciously Ella journey, but we’re excited for all of the things to come at Weighhouse Street, and look forward to seeing you there soon. Thank you to everyone who visited us at Seymour and Herne Hill, we’re incredibly grateful for all of your support in making this journey possible, we couldn’t do it without you ❤️❤️❤️"