Get off your phone because here are eight spots in Lincoln you might find interesting

I promise you, they’re worth a visit

Whether you’re a fresher desperate to explore the city you now call home or a hermit looking for a reason to get out of the house, there is nothing better to do in Lincoln than go for a walk and see the sights.

There’s something to see around every corner and we’ve got you covered if you don’t know where to start.

1. The Brayford

You’ve almost definitely seen the Brayford already, but there’s no better place to start.

With access to several bars, a cinema and numerous eateries, there is no denying that the Brayford is a wonderful place to visit. From the cygnets in the spring or watching a member of the kayaking society fall into the water, it has a lot to offer. 

2. Cornhill

The Cornhill Quarter is easy to miss, tucked away just off of the high street, it is one of our city’s many picturesque areas.

It’s home to several restaurants and even more shops with B&M being its most recent opening. There’s even a breathtaking sculpture of two trapeze artists which is definitely something to look out for. 

3. Green Dragon

Arguably one of the more missable parts of the city, this quaint little pub is found just up the road from Cornhill.

It’s home to this fun little guy though, and as we can all agree – dragons are very cool. Definitely worth a visit if you fancy changing it up from two for £15 pitchers at Spoons.

4. The Guildhall and the Stone Bow

On your way up the high street towards Steep Hill, you’ll find yourself walking under this stunning archway. It’s one of many meticulously crafted buildings in our fair city and it’s worth taking a moment to appreciate how beautiful it is.

It’s rich in history and is even home to a couple of shops, which is pretty cool too.

5. The Strait

A bustling area full of top-tier bars, restaurants, and shops, The Strait is the bridge between old and modern when it comes to the high street.

It’s also your last chance to turn around before tackling the dreaded Steep Hill, and whilst many might see it as the end of the high street, if you do press on further and climb the hill, you’ll find many more small businesses, restaurants and of course, the cathedral. 

6. The view from above

If you can make it up Steep Hill, be sure to turn around about halfway. On a clear day (it’s even better at night) you can get a breathtaking view of the city. It’s an easy-to-miss viewpoint and until you stop and look around, it is easy to forget how vast and varied Lincoln is. 

7. The castle

Whilst the current construction slightly distracts from its beauty, this ancient place is still well worth a look around – especially for any history buff. Fair warning though, there’s a dragon here too (and it’s much bigger).

8. Lincoln Cathedral

This masterpiece of a building can be seen from pretty much anywhere in the city – but nothing beats a good look at it up close.

Every time you go, you’re sure to notice something new and amazing about the way this place was built. Like most things in Lincoln, it looks even better on a clear night.

However, these aren’t all that Lincoln has to offer. Every wander around this city will have you finding something new for you to see, and it is all worth seeing.

So, get up and go for a walk and you’re guaranteed to find even more hidden gems.